• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

South Park Colorado - 10/2/08

sfarson

Yesterday was gonna ride east for lunch and "tour" some canyons along the way. Saw menacing clouds that direction so pointed the front wheel west to nearby Kenosha Pass and South Park. Uncertain weather developed quickly, and while it seems I'm usually a magnet for precipitation, this time it was falling everywhere but where I was at!

So the tiny pocket camera struggled with the significant lighting diffs, but here's yesterday's lunch ride anyway.

Paused at the southside of 10,001ft. Kenosha Pass, staring down the enveloping darkness...
hp2sportkenosha.jpg

Scooted to the South Park meadows below and skirted the rain for a misty view of the Mosquito Range...
hp2sporttarryall.jpg

OK, there's a sliver of sun and warmth which draws the bike towards it, but the brakes are applied before the chip and seal becomes only chip...
hp2sportmichiganleaves.jpg

Looking another direction 13,370ft. Mt. Guyot on the right withstands the cold precip while the aspen put on their golden clothes.
hp2sportmichigan.jpg

So this is a LUNCH ride but the pickins are slim in nearby Jefferson. There isn't anything else for 30 miles. 70 years ago the only motorized access to the Park was by wheels on rails...
jefferson1937.jpg

But today there are other options for motorized access and one finds a sweet BBQ sandwich for a calm outdoor lunch as the caboose intercepts the wind, and the rain continues to unsuccessfully find me. :)
hp2sportjefferson.jpg

I'm jealous of the scenery and the bike! Nice pictures.

I think I could handle a lunch ride like that. :thumb

Yesterday was gonna ride east for lunch and "tour" some canyons along the way. Saw menacing clouds that direction so pointed the front wheel west to nearby Kenosha Pass and South Park. Uncertain weather developed quickly, and while it seems I'm usually a magnet for precipitation, this time it was falling everywhere but where I was at!

So the tiny pocket camera struggled with the significant lighting diffs, but here's yesterday's lunch ride anyway.

Paused at the southside of 10,001ft. Kenosha Pass, staring down the enveloping darkness...
hp2sportkenosha.jpg

Scooted to the South Park meadows below and skirted the rain for a misty view of the Mosquito Range...
hp2sporttarryall.jpg

OK, there's a sliver of sun and warmth which draws the bike towards it, but the brakes are applied before the chip and seal becomes only chip...
hp2sportmichiganleaves.jpg

Looking another direction 13,370ft. Mt. Guyot on the right withstands the cold precip while the aspen put on their golden clothes.
hp2sportmichigan.jpg

So this is a LUNCH ride but the pickins are slim in nearby Jefferson. There isn't anything else for 30 miles. 70 years ago the only motorized access to the Park was by wheels on rails...
jefferson1937.jpg

But today there are other options for motorized access and one finds a sweet BBQ sandwich for a calm outdoor lunch as the caboose intercepts the wind, and the rain continues to unsuccessfully find me. :)
hp2sportjefferson.jpg

Thanks for the incredible eye-candy. And the sky, mountains, and aspen framed and complimented pictures of your new HP2 Sport, nicely! :thumb

J.K. :wow

P.S. Looks like the gathering rain/snow are going to wash out my mountain weekend, though....

Steve,

thanks for the nice pix! Especially the aspens.

Paul

Now I really am jealous.
Not only do you get to ride in great places,
it seems like you are on a different bike each time.
Even a Harley in another thread.

just kidding
As you can see I am bike happy too.

thanks for the picts.
I did get to ride 67 from denver south this sept.

Phil

Thanks all. Was an unexpectedly fine ride. Bundled up in cold/wet attire but never needed it. A ride making the personal list of one of the more memorable of the season.

Back