• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aerostich Hi-viz recall?

boxerkuh

Greetings,
I received a notice from Aerostich that they have a recall on their Hi-viz made between August 2007 and August 2008. My Hi-viz was made in June 2008. I love the new Hi-viz, it is much brighter than the old, however, they say that the reason they they recalled it is not for function errors, but due to unexpected fade. When I contacted them they said that the Hi-viz will turn potentially to very light green maybe even white. I have a return card and they would like them back by December 31, 2008, but will give a full warrenty within 2 years to exchange it for any other color they make, or refund the money all together. I must mention, that I do spray my suit every 3 months with UV-Tech, so it may have some fade protection. So far my suit is just getting dirty (street-creed), as I wear the suit daily while commuting. :thumb and I love the color.
Any riders out there have a Hi-viz made earlier since August 2007 with more miles that is fading? :dunno Anybody have any pictures that show the faded color? :whistle Any feedback will be appreciated. :dance
My thoughts right now are just to wear it and to give it time to see what the fading will do, since it is so new. :thumb

hi-viz

My roadcrafter suit has hi-viz shoulders and shins; remainder is blue. Purchased during the recall period so I inquired about replacement but Aerostich folks said recall only applies if entire suit is hi-viz.

I commute to work on my bike but wear mesh gear in summer. So my suit probably has 4000 miles or so on it. Still looks pretty good; hard to see if any fade has occurred. I'm simply going to keep on using it and keep in shape so I don't "grow" out of it...

Sounds like you have no choice. Your suit must be returned weather you want to or not. Aerostich's reputation is at stake. You mustn't decide that you like the faded color better and keep the suit even thou you like it.

robert

Interesting about the entire suit or the main color being Lime Hi-Viz for re-call only. I know that the intergrity of the suit is not affected in any way, it is only a question about the fading. I have contacted them and asked them to post some pictures of returned suits with maybe the "build" date and estimated mileage to give a better idea of what to expect. We will see...

Back