• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Under Where???

I have a Tilley sailing hat that is many years old. Good stuff!

didn't know about the clothing.

Good Products if you don't mind the price

I have bought their hat and underwear, well pleased with all. The briefs and undershirt work well for overnight wash & wear while traveling. I think the hat will never wear out. I haven't found a better undershirt for wash & wear. The undershirt is a great body heat and moisture transformer. I have found some micro fiber briefs that were less expensive and will work for the wash & wear needs.

riding under apparel

After about 500,000 miles I believe I am qualified to say the solution is right at http://www.ldcomfort.com/ I have no affiliation or stake, but I can say Mario, the owner and "inventor" is one swell guy and knows his stuff.

The material the shirt, shorts, or long under pants is made of is very unique. It not only wicks sweat away from your body, it can be wet down on the outside of it and it will then cool you down as the water evaporates in the breeze.

The underclothing is also warm in the cooler temps and perfect when you use a heated electric garment over it and under your jacket or 'stich.

The key to the pants/shorts is NO seam where you sit. I strongly recommend the long pants instead of the shorts. The long pants are way comfortable even in heat. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but I kid you not!:thumb

I know, because I ride IronButt rallies and have just finished a 5000mi/5day rally - the Run What Ya' Brung out of Salt Lake City - hot, cold, rain - you name it!

No doubt the above two sources are good, however...

Go to an REI store and you will see dozens of different unseamed, wicking, warm in the cold, cool in the heat type undergarments. They are all a bit pricey, but the work wonders. At REI and other good sporting goods stores, they serve Millions of folks that work out in all kinds of weather, and the clothing must stand up to the physical abuse in addition to the climate. Cabela's and others have picked up on the concept and the materials are now available in an amazing array of garments. Are they worth it? Damn betcha! I personally wear lots of stuff left over from tour biking days. It works great, and feels great, and dries overnight without weighing a thing when packed.

Back