Big Prizes at Colors in the Catskills!
Since you'll all be riding around Greene County this weekend. I wanted to give you the chance to win some prizes for your effort.
They'll be clues/questions at each of these businesses - just stop by and pick them up - bring them back, ponder the answer over a beer and hand them to me on Saturday night or Sunday morning. In the event of a tie - winners will be tossed in a hat and drawn by an honest member of the BMWMOA.
The winner will have the gathered the most questions with the most correct answers and gets to choose either the first or second place prize.
First Place receives a mid-week seasons pass at Hunter Mountain complete with deeply discounted weekend tickets.
Second Place will receive two nights lodging in a one-bedroom condo at the 2009 Color in the Catskills festival.
Third Place gets four lift tickets good for any day of the 2008/2009 winter season.
Here's the names of the businesses - stop by starting on Friday morning.
1. Traphagens Honey - Route 23A - just west of rt 296 - outside the village of Hunter.
2. Beth's Cafe - Route 23 - Prattsville
3. Catskill Mountain Country Store - Route 23 - Main Street - Windham
4. Guaranteed Irish - Route 145 - East Durham
5. Greene County Tourism Info Center - Route 23B - Leeds (just off exit 21 of the NY Thruway)
6. Catskill Historic Point Museum - end of Main Street & Hudson River - Catskill
7. Story Farms Produce Stand - Intersection of 23A and Rt 32 - Catskill
8. Twilight General Store - the fork of North/South Lake Road - Haines Falls
9. Astor House - Route 23A - Tannersville
10. The Baselodge Bar - Hunter Mountain Ski Resort
This makes for a really great ride. Leave Hunter travel west down 23A to Prattsville - catch back up with 23 towards Windham - head up Mitchell Hollow Road in Windham to County Route 10 - make right and travel down into East Durham area - meander down to Leeds - across to Catskill - and back up 23 towards Hunter. If you're headed down to the riding school or just riding around - your're sure to cross paths with each of these businesses on the course.
Who's up for the challenge?