• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Is my bike interfering with MP3 player?

Re: Re: Re: Re: MP3 stoppage mystery

username said:
how's your mp3 player?
Thanks for asking. I rode with it last night and I ran it on the internal battery (rather than plugging it into the bikes like before) and had it in my jacket pocket (rather than my tank bag as before). It worked perfectly!

This forum is so cool - tech info AND coffee info in one thread! Thanks everyone.

Now the next step would be to run it in the tank bag on the batts. My feeling is that it's the vibes that are causing it to quit, not any power supply issue.
FWIW, it think your mp3 player runs quite a while on a single or double AA. My MD player does and I actually use it on plane more than on the bike (XM there). I find a couple of rechargables and a small portable charger are indispensable. Three batteries and I'm good for a whole weekend of cross country flying, then I just pop the charger in when I get home.

Next step is to install an inverter to power the Melitta: Boy would THAT be a popular item on those cold rally mornings!

Attachments

• realittle.jpg
    realittle.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 237
And packed for travel:

Attachments

• goodtogo.jpg
    goodtogo.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 213
Back