• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are you drinking tonight?

Drinking Miller Lite and packing the LT for an overnight camping run tomorrow. Headed to the Red Earth Rally in OK.

Just got introduced to the "Dark and Stormy": Black Seal rum and ginger beer. Very nice, ginger beer (not to be confused with ginger ale) has a nice bite from the ginger that moderates the sweetness of the rum.

Black Seal started here in Bermuda as a blended rum and that is where the dark and stormy originated, along with a few other good rums. Gosling's Black Seal, Gosling's Gold and Goslings Family Reserve.:hungover

557929867_WSLBk-L.jpg

a picture says 1000 words.

The Pemi River Rally Chairs favorite Libation.

Morgan and diet 7-up because this hotel doesn't have diet 'Dew

Negra Modello, plus beans, rice and a couple of tortillas. Hey, my ancestors were Danish, but down deep inside, I must have some Mexican blood running through my veins.

It has been rainier than i can ever remember late May early June around here.

So I have taken to sipping Asbach Uralt.

I would really like to find some Hungarian Palinka , but alas, Northern Nevada stores seem too barbaric to stock such pleasures.

OK, you know me by now.
Grand Marnier to start.
Then Chef Luis' Paella with a Sonoma Valley Red.
The Paella was ridiculous. This midwestern boy may be getting on the seafood trail. I really didn't think we could get decent seafood here but the clams, the mussels, the calamari, talapia, shrimp, andouille sausage, chicken breast on a bed of rice soaked in the broth. . . . . whoa.

Seriously, if you are ever in the western suburbs of Chicago, come to Glen Ellyn and try Cab's Bistro, you will not be disappointed.

So now on with the Grand Marnier!

Stone Cold

Just got home from work, working on a Stone Smoked Porter. Ohh datz nice.

Dave H
San Antonio, Tx

Right now it's a Sam Adams "Double Bock" at 9.5% abv. Not a bad beer. It was between this and Bells "Pere Jacques", but this is the first I tried the double bock..

The Pere Jacques is fantastic beer, btw. One of my favorites for sipping on a cool night.

Here's a new IPA that just came in from Winnipeg, MB. Tried some at a local IPA tasting a few weeks back, had to try more. Nice IPA about 70- 80 IBU, good citrus nose and malty finish- nice!

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 98
Back