• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What are you drinking tonight?

514630539_ZozjC-O.jpg

Wowzers!

MIND BLOCK!!!

I'm slumming tonight. Went with one of the only mass-produced beers I like - Labatt Blue. There is another Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA chilling in the refrigerator, though. :drink

Not in your class at all. It is all home made here tonight.

Home made pizza with home made sausage peppers and onions and a bbq sauce instead of the normal pizza sauce. Home brewed beer and some very powerful stuff from a mason jar. Not elegant in any way but some how tonight, it all works.

I am lucky to have a beer store 5 minutes from me with over 2000 brews in stock, and they rotate the stock. I rarely drink the same brew in the same month.

Here is some of the last months tastings.

Bock.jpg

Holy%20grail.JPG

P1040994.JPG

ale.JPG

holey%20ale.JPG

holy%20sheet.jpg

:laugh
Now is that the same as "Pirate Rum", just was exposed to that last weekend.
Still waiting for the lab results.

Wow, somebody really likes old school ales, unfiltered and all that.

I really dig the photos, thank you all if you have posted photos or labels.
No action shots yet but hey, ya never know. :bolt

Last night was Don Julio Blanco.
:wave

Yeah?
Love the Don.
If you ever need any help, let me know.
Drinking alone is highly overrated. :bluduh :huh

Back to the Sprecher Mai Bock after running around with OU812 up near where were we?
Yeah, Lake Zurich, Barrington. Nice little roads up over by 'dere. We had 2 and a half hours so just a quick hop but I have to tell you I cannot remember a more pleasant biking experience.
Ran the slab up to Steve's around 10:30ish, not that I like the slab but it's good to get slab exposure so God forbid you have to ride it you're not all freaked out. Really is no problem for me, sometimes it's about saving time.
So I get up there and we mosey over to Cyclewerks, I want to set up some new tires and now I am learning . . . . and this might interest you if you are considering tires, that Metz 880's are not produced for my year RT ('07). I was trying to make up my mind, this will be my first new set of tires after the OEM's (Bridgestone Battleax 020). So cool, now it's down to Z6's (original, not Interacts) or Pilot Road 2's. The only bark I've heard is watch the Z6's for tread wear or be sure you can replace them at X interval. I'be also heard they are wicked good in the twisties.
Anyway, Guy's off Saturday but Steve gets a tank vent hose reconnected that they missed last time. Right now, took a half hour. OK so they missed it first time but made it right and right now. I like Cyclewerks.
OK, run some two laners through the aforementioned area. Stopped twice, once for a Fat Tire, then down the road a while for a Guinness. Little roadhouses. Nize.

Weather was about as nice as you could request; 75, no wind, partly cloudy to overcast. After a while I was in the zone, ya know? Just the road and the wind and I. Doesn't get any better for me.

So yeah uh . . . . Don Julio.
Right!

I was trying to make up my mind, this will be my first new set of tires after the OEM's (Bridgestone Battleax 020). So cool, now it's down to Z6's (original, not Interacts) or Pilot Road 2's. The only bark I've heard is watch the Z6's for tread wear or be sure you can replace them at X interval. I'be also heard they are wicked good in the twisties.

I like the Z6's and plan on a set of the Interacts on the K12RS before the haul to Tennessee. How come you're not looking at them? If you watch the center wear bars on the rear Z6 and change it by the time the tire is close to it, you'll be fine. But, don't try to wear past it!!

Tonight was quite pleasant.
I went down to my local haunt Cab's in Glen Ellyn. Had the bouillabaisse which is just freakin' ridiculous. A few Grand Marniers before and then a good Pinot Noir with the bouillabaisse and then upstairs to listen briefly to an Austrian girl who strangely enough played some really good blues, just her accompanying herself with a semi-hollow electric, really really good.

Now back home after stopping to get a bottle of DUH Grand Marnier and home again to brew some coffee to enjoy alongside.

I don't know how life has been for you, lately I've had to make a few changes, realign my finances and yes, took a payroll nick as I'm sure many of you may have as well. I'm far from retirement yet.

But I enjoyed and am enjoying this evening and I hope you are as well. Hang in there. :thumb

Life is good. :dance The alternative really sucks.

I'm still suckin' air and as long as there is life in these bones I'll be dancin' on two wheels.

See you next week at Pure Stodge!

Celebrate Friday!

When wife gets home we'll celebrate the end of our work week with a couple of Black & Tans (Guinness Extra Stout and Harp Lager). Oldest son corrupted us after he returned from being stationed in the "Mother" country!

Just got introduced to the "Dark and Stormy": Black Seal rum and ginger beer. Very nice, ginger beer (not to be confused with ginger ale) has a nice bite from the ginger that moderates the sweetness of the rum.

Back