The days are getting shorter and fall is in the air, gardens are slowly losing thier color while the trees are doing just the opposite. Its a great time of year for taking long walks in the parks or woods and watch life slowly spin down and prepare for a long winters nap.
The "standard" rules:
• Photos must be shot between Sunday. Sept 20 2008 and Sun. October 5 20008--15 days.
• You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
• Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
• This will consist of three of our best, not 2 or 4 but three
• Title your photos so they can be referred to later.
• Post only your final shots in this thread. Please post other series, experiments, and photos for comment and criticism in the PHOTO COMMENTARY thread.
• And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.
And now for a slight divergence from previous assignments:
• You can crop photos but no other photo modifications, I decided to allow this since being from the “old” school of film days I rarely created a print I did not crop in the enlarger so for me it doesn’t really count as modifying your photo, because you are limited to only one frame size/proportion there are times that you just can’t avoid a bit of something encroaching into the shot from the side. But this should be limited. Try to compose such that you don’t have to.
Now the theme:
Three for Three
tell us in three photo's what does that mean to you? Sports? Or perhaps a winning combination?
Again its up to you how to interpret this theme, what does Three for Three mean to you? Sports? A winning combination? You decide.
And the other big change. Out of the three you post you must also choose the best and the worst and include a short paragraph as to why. These comments ( by the poster only) will go in the assignment thread. All other comments will go in the commentary thread as always.
Arrange the photos from best to worst out of the three you decide on posting, so that we keep each consistent. This also means you should post them together in one post or at worst in three seceding posts (if you us attachments rather than img tags. So you should not post until all three are ready and you have done you self-critique.
Yup, you're on the hook to do a little self-critique of your entries. Keep it simple, no more than a short paragraph and include it directly under each of the two entries you choose as best and worst effort.
Failure to include it will “disqualify” you (not that there is any “qualifying” really, but you get the idea!)[/I]
OK? Ready, Set, Go (humm a possible Three on Three??)..