• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Draggin Jeans

J

jbertarellis

Any feedback on Draggin Jeans? Sized similar to Levi's?

Any feedback on Draggin Jeans? Sized similar to Levi's?

Check out the Diamond Gusset jeans as well. I haven't tried their "Defender" style, but have been wearing their regular type for several years. They have several different cuts available.

I have one pair of the standard Draggins. I think they are sized a little bigger than Levis. Mine has enough room for armor when I want to wear it.

I have even "road tested" mine. (Unplanned disembarkment at 30 MPH.)

The only complaint I have is the lack of availability for 40+ sizes, being a chunky monkey. I tried to order another pair, but I was told they would not have them for some time and cancelled the order.

I'm probably going get Sliders instead.

I found I needed one size up from my mormal jeans with the Draggins.

What's the benefit over 'regular' riding gear? It seems like if I'm going to be bothered to put them on and deal with their bulk, I might as well put some other better stuff on. :dunno

I've had a pair for maybe 2 years. I have mixed feelings about them. They are HOT, so if it's a cooler day and I can wear jeans to work (Friday) or if I'm headed on a shorter ride I'll wear them. If it's a longer ride or really warm, I'll stick with my dedicated riding pants and wear shorts underneath.

I had some problems when I got mine that made me a bit unhappy with their customer service. Two of the belt loops came off within two weeks of having them (and two wearings). I'm not a seamstress, but I felt that was an unacceptable level of wear in a short period of time, and I didn't think I should pay to have them sewn back on (I have a needle and thread, but you're going through 3 think layers of denim). They disagreed and aside from offering me new loops (if mine had totally fallen off and gotten lost), they would not replace them. Fortunately I had a family member sew them back on. I wouldn't buy another pair.

I have both the Draggin Jeans and the Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans. Here is a comparison:

The Draggin Jeans are about one size too small, compared to regular jeans. I take a 36 waist in regular jeans and I need a 38 in the Draggin Jeans. They are hot, due to the Kevlar lining in the butt area. They tend to feel restrictive in the butt and crotch area, at least on me, they feel that way.

The Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans feel cooler (temperature wise) than Draggin Jeans, although they have a Kevlar lining also. The Defender jeans fit true to size. I take a size 36 waist in these. Diamond Gusset Jeans are noted for the triangular shaped patch, called a gusset, sewn into the crotch area of the jeans. This gives you more room and a less restrictive feeling down there. They also have a velcro strap at the bottom that enables you to tighten up the pantlegs' bottoms, so they won't flap around and get caught on moving parts.

Having recently experienced a good hard fall, I'd suggest that the abraision resistace is only half the equation. Without some armour to save you from the impacts, you are still largely unprotected.

I was wearing a full suit with armour and I'm certain it made quite a difference. The outer shell was torn up, but the armour kept my knees and elbows intact.

Still, they're a big leap forward from a pair of shorts.

Back