• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need Nolan Helmet Part

leadfoot

I was riding to work today, and apparently the small right side cover on the pivot point that covers the gear assembly on the side of my Nolan N102 blew off. I cannot find a vendor that has a good description of what I need, or a pic of it. I found some N102com parts, but not sure if the part fits the same. Anyone know where I can get replacement parts??

Thanks in advance!

same problem

I had the same problem and somehow contacted Nolan of USA. They were very helpful and sent me two sets of new metal pivot pins that work great. Even though I was past warrenty they didn't charge me. Unfortunately, I can't find the contact phone number I used. Keep trying, a phone number should be on the internet somewhere.

gpodzo

Same Problem Too

Mine blew/fell off, too. I haven't gotten around to calling about it yet, though.

At the rally, I got a card from CIMA International. Phone: 630-701-1601 or toll free 866-2helmet. Give them a try. (Email: helmets@aol.com)

Nolan pivot cover

If all you're missing is the disc-shaped cover, then you could use the sun visor instead. It has a better latch. The disc is much flimsier. If you'd rather not install your sun visor, then you could contact Nolan.

If all you're missing is the disc-shaped cover, then you could use the sun visor instead. It has a better latch. The disc is much flimsier. If you'd rather not install your sun visor, then you could contact Nolan.

The one that blew off is the island shaped cover. I have the round covers, but cannot remember what setup I would have with them. Guess I will read the manual again tonight. I like the helmet with the visor and the shade, so I still want to replace that piece.

Thanks, I will post my findings.

Mine blew/fell off, too. I haven't gotten around to calling about it yet, though.

At the rally, I got a card from CIMA International. Phone: 630-701-1601 or toll free 866-2helmet. Give them a try. (Email: helmets@aol.com)

CIMA is the U.S. Nolan importer. I've had great service from them and gotten parts in a timely fashion.

CIMA is the U.S. Nolan importer. I've had great service from them and gotten parts in a timely fashion.

Agreed. When I broke one of the pin-lock pins because of my ham-fistedness, they sent me a couple more gratis. Couldn't ask for more.

Thanks for the hookup Greg, and for the +1 on them Boney. I will give them a call and see if they can help me out. :thumb

I called Keith at CIMA and he hooked me up. One is on my way, and he warrantied it. :thumb

He did give me a tip, and I would like to pass it on:

When installing the side pieces, after snapping it on give the cover a light bump with the heel of your hand. Sometimes they seem like they are snapped on, but if one of the three snaps does not hook it will blow off. Mine blew off shortly after re-assembly from cleaning.

Nice folks, I will call them if I need anything else. Thanks for the hookup!

I called Keith at CIMA and he hooked me up. One is on my way, and he warrantied it. :thumb

He did give me a tip, and I would like to pass it on:

When installing the side pieces, after snapping it on give the cover a light bump with the heel of your hand. Sometimes they seem like they are snapped on, but if one of the three snaps does not hook it will blow off. Mine blew off shortly after re-assembly from cleaning.

Nice folks, I will call them if I need anything else. Thanks for the hookup!

:thumb

Back