• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2005 Nationals location best guess

Re: A CLUE

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
The Rally Chairs are a really incredibly cool couple.

Hee hee hee

Okay -- Sue & Brian Manke are the Chairpeople.

Be thinking Beemerville - USA.
(And NOT the one in New Jersey!)

My Guess,

Manke's are Chairs..........
They live in Wisconsin.............
Wisconsin BMW rally site is where the 2005 MOA National will be,
My Guess,
Wicconsin Dells,WI :D :clap

Beemerville...

Dark Cloud (Jon) inquired
Sue, will Beemerville be to BMW's as what Woodstock was to Rock and Roll?

Hmmmmm......
Very Good Guess!
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Sue

well no matter where it will be....I know one thing for sure. I will be there. And one thing that I am not totaly sure of....The Alman Bros. Band may or may not be there. whooo hoooo

Colorado or western Wyoming would be great. My guess is somewhere in the midwest but I've been wrong the last two years.

I'm sure, no matter where it is it will be an ULTIMATELY C O O L rally!!! Sue and Brian did GREAT things with Midland...What a party! There is no way the 2005 rally could not be SUPER with those 2 at the helm... no matter where it is!

Remember the excellent music at Midland!!!

2005 National Rally Site

Best imformation I hear is that it will be in the mid Ohio area just off I 75. I don't know about the particuliar site as being great for riding in that immediate area (because it is not) but like Midland and DuQuoin before that, half the fun is the "Ride to the National"

Just think about a ride around the Great Lakes region and you all will be OK.

Ride safe,
Mr. Ambassador:clap :)

Isn't there a "Beemerville" in the midwest?? I thought I remember reading a SS1000 ride report with the destination being there??
Is Beemerville an actual place or just a state of mind??
Mark

Beemerville - Definitely a "State of Mind"

Mark11LT said:
Is Beemerville an actual place or just a state of mind??
Mark

For the 05 National - "BEEMERVILLE" is a state of mind.

:brow

Sue
.............Looking forward to our ride to Spokane and seeing all of our friends next week. Putting on a new tire tomorrow, and bought a radar detector (ahem) yesterday. Ya-HOO!!!

OK all you speculators. I may get my wings clipped by my fellow Board members, but I don't think so. We have debated this "next Rally site" announcement business for a while now. I think we will, in the not too distant future, give longer notice as to the future rally locations. I hope so, I favor it.

Having said that, my "educated guess" is that the '05 Rally will be east of the Mississippi and north of Dixie. So there. I did it. Persecute me.

:dunno :clap :bliss

Hawk Hawthorne said:
Having said that, my "educated guess" is that the '05 Rally will be east of the Mississippi and north of Dixie.

Are you using the Mason-Dixon line as the definition of Dixie?

Having Looked at my map...

That narrows it down to:
  • a very small section Minnesota
  • Illinois
  • Michigan
  • Indiana
  • Wisconsin
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Vermont
  • New Hampshire
  • Connecticut
  • Massachusetts
  • Maine
  • Rhode Island
  • Lots of Canada

HMMM.....:dunno

Hawk Hawthorne said:
OK all you speculators. I may get my wings clipped by my fellow Board members, but I don't think so. We have debated this "next Rally site" announcement business for a while now. I think we will, in the not too distant future, give longer notice as to the future rally locations. I hope so, I favor it.

Having said that, my "educated guess" is that the '05 Rally will be east of the Mississippi and north of Dixie. So there. I did it. Persecute me.

:dunno :clap :bliss

For folks playing along at home, some time ago the rally site selection committee divided North America into zones.

While I believe for operational reasons the exact sites must remain held until the prior rally. I support the distribution of which zones we will be visiting as the sites are booked. I see no real benefit to not letting folks know that next year we will be in zone x, 06 in zone y etc.

In other words I support our President in giving folks information on future rally plans, but I hesitate in announcing the city / state.

Zones should be plenty.

Comments?

Best,

Rob Nye: I sure have no problem releasing zones for future rallies. Let's discuss with Rally Site Team at Spokane....

Gee, should I tell BradfordBenn it's west of New York and south of Canada?...:brow

That's all ya get, Brad..!:confused:

Looks like a "go" for me

OK, so it's looking more and more like I'll be attending my first national rally in 2005.

For me, (and so many others), it's not the miles, it's the time. It's looking more and more that the national will be closer for me than it's been for the last few years.

Time to really expand our horizons: How about the first ever BMW INTER PLANETARY Rally! I vote for Mars, Venus, and Moon, all an easy ride from Pittsburgh, PA.

TB
Building a deck on the house instead of attending the Spokane rally. What am I, NUTS??

Hawk Hawthorne said:
Gee, should I tell BradfordBenn it's west of New York and south of Canada?...:brow

That's all ya get, Brad..!:confused:

See that spoils all the fun. :p

As is it looks like it is toooooo close to home.

Back