• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2005 Nationals location best guess

OK, Lets recap The 2005 rally will be somewhere east of the Mississippi, north of the Ohio, west of New York and south of Canada.

IÔÇÖm getting an impression that next yearsÔÇÖ rally will be mostly flat, hot, and uncomfortably humid in July. Every time I go back there, IÔÇÖm reminded of why I left the Midwest in the first place. :doh

BradfordBenn & Jet Doc: Too close to home? Too flat and hot? Geez, I rode to Rhinebeck via Michigan, Ontario, VT, NH, ME, CT MA, and RI. It was a longgg ride to NY! And pleasant temps. Gotta get creative! :rofl

Yup, sounds like my 1,000 ride to get gas at the corner station. By way of Chicago, St. Louis, Dayton, and Toledo:eek

Hmmm. I'm going to have to cross eastern Colorado, Kansas and Missouri again.....

Bleah.

Huge detour. BTDT. No thanks.

In all actuality, the side roads in Kansas are better than the interstate. It's the crosswinds that drive me nuts.

JetDoc said:
OK, Lets recap The 2005 rally will be somewhere east of the Mississippi, north of the Ohio, west of New York and south of Canada.

IÔÇÖm getting an impression that next yearsÔÇÖ rally will be mostly flat, hot, and uncomfortably humid in July. Every time I go back there, IÔÇÖm reminded of why I left the Midwest in the first place. :doh

My best educated guess up to now is:

Wisconsin
Indiana
Illinois

We'll see................................

KBasa said:
In all actuality, the side roads in Kansas are better than the interstate.

US24 parallels I-70 just to the north. Great road (for Kansas)... but there *is* patrol... DAMHIKT.

Ian

Maybe ...

Lake Geneva, Wisc?

If it is in Wisconsin, I wish its timing would be in conjunction with something happening at Road America. Always wanted to attend an event there ... preferably M/C-related.

come down across arizona and new mexico. avoid north texas, stay south. the ride'll suck only from san antonio to houston. west texas mountains, hill country, east texas pine forests. then go up through louisiana and arkansas and get yer ozark miles.

there are all sorts of ways to avoid kansas, eastern colorado, and whatever else is up there, and flat, and straight. you just need plenty of time. "uh boss, im going to be 'remote officing' for two months next summer."

:D

KBasa said:
Hmmm. I'm going to have to cross eastern Colorado, Kansas and Missouri again.....

Bleah.

Music

Helen Twowheels said:
I'm sure, no matter where it is it will be an ULTIMATELY C O O L rally!!! Sue and Brian did GREAT things with Midland...What a party! There is no way the 2005 rally could not be SUPER with those 2 at the helm... no matter where it is!

Remember the excellent music at Midland!!!

In my opinion the Music was the only downside to the rally at Midland.
My vote for a rally site would be Tennessee or Kentucky where the real musicians can be found. With our aging membership perhaps a little two-stepping or Bluegrass would be more desirable.

Rob Nye said:
In other words I support our President in giving folks information on future rally plans, but I hesitate in announcing the city / state.

Zones should be plenty.

Comments?

Best,

It's a start. I'd be happy with state or region, such as New England. Either way July is still bad for me.... But, if it's in eastern Canada I'm there!

MarkF

Drum Roll please....

The correct answer is Lima, Ohio. July 21-24, 2005 Sue Rihn-Manke is the rally chair.:clap

Back