• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bohn Body Armor pants?

5chord

Anybody use Bohn Body Armor pants? I have 2 pairs of Shift Torque jeans which I like, but I ride everyday and they are too.....distinctive.

Yes, Cathy and I both wear them- started about 4-5 weeks ago.

We do like them., since we can wear "normal" pants over them (typically black "Carhartt" jeans that we bought slightly large just for this purpose).
This way we don't look too unusual walking around away from the bike.

The body armor pants fit well, seem to have good protection that we hope to never use. Not too hot on warm days, but not as cool as the website would suggest.

Two minor negative points.

1- Cathy says that when getting her outer pants on, the armor pads sometimes move around and she has to slightly rearrange them to get them back into the right place.

2- The waistband has stitching that irritates both of us if worn directly against the skin. Not immediately, but after an hour or two. Fixed by wearing an undershirt tucked into the waistband.

But those are minor points.

Most times I forget that I am wearing them and since we are "ATGATT", it completes our gear.

John

Thanks! Just the kind of info I was looking for:)

Ride safe,

Tod

Back