• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

first 360 deg pano with my G9

R

rocketman

At Sherando Lake I took a 360 pano, my first try, and when I put the images into my pano stitching software it recognized the fact that the first and last images had an overlay area so I didn't have to try to stitch them together manually (which I didn't know having never done a full 360 pano before) and the viewing software on my web site also sees it as one continuous image, so as it rolls around to the "end" it keeps on panning, so really there is no begining or end to the image! Too kool! :D

Oh, and the absence of people is because it was taken fairly early in the morning, there was some heavy partying the night before! Ha Ha.

the actual images started and stopped where the first live-in mobile home is even thou it looks likes there is a seam in the middle (where the red truck is) but thats because I didn't get enough over lay between those two shots so I had to fudge it a bit. Pretty pleased with it none the less, I can't wait to try one of a city scape, just have to find a tall enough building where I can get to the roof level. I'm gonna try a couple on the upcoming cruise as well.

its here ....Sherando Lake Pano

There are a few problems though that I noticed...the bike in front sorta lost part of its windshield, that was from too much overlay between the two consecutive shots, just the opposite of the one seam that runs thru the red truck 10 to 20 percent seems to work best, I'm going to trim out part of one of the shots and restitch it. The color/lighting blending can be tricky as well esp. with sky and changing lighting conditions as you pan from sunlight to shaded areas. High noon seems to be the best time to do them as lighting tends to be more even. Overall though considering the cost of the stitching software (I think I paid like $25 for it) it does a really great job. Probably help to have the G9 on a tripod as well, so far I done them all hand held.

RM

Mighty fine picture. What is the exact name of the software so I can go shopping?

The one person in the shot does add that nice people factor.

That software is amazing. Wonder how it would work with a family reunion shot or all the people at a rally shot?

Thanks for the inspiration. :wave

Mighty fine picture. What is the exact name of the software so I can go shopping?

The one person in the shot does add that nice people factor.

That software is amazing. Wonder how it would work with a family reunion shot or all the people at a rally shot?

Thanks for the inspiration. :wave

here's the link to the software, the one in middle is one I'm using. I'd also like to try a 360x360 some time, or even just a vertical stacking of images as apposed to horizontal.

http://www.pixtra.com/purchase/Purchase.htm

Fun stuff.

RM

Cool, man.
Here's one of my first efforts, using me as a "biopod" and later the third party stitching software provided by the manufacturer (Nikon). The camera helps you line up each shot with the previous.

(Churchill, Manitoba)

120662736_wCW6T-O.jpg

Cool, man.
Here's one of my first efforts, using me as a "biopod" and later the third party stitching software provided by the manufacturer (Nikon). The camera helps you line up each shot with the previous.

(Churchill, Manitoba)

cool, were you on one of the bus things like in the pic when you took this?

RM

Aye, one of the famous (or infamous) "Tundra Buggies".
You really don't want to be hoofing it.

Back