• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2005 National rally

gambrinus said:
The trouble starts when you start talking about: summer + motorcycle + camping.
With the size of the convention centers there, I have no doubt that the MOA could find somewhere to host a couple thousand indoor campers. Preferably somewhere with a pool and poolside bar and maybe an indoor roller coaster. Las Vegas has my vote!

boxergrrlie said:
With the size of the convention centers there, I have no doubt that the MOA could find somewhere to host a couple thousand indoor campers. Preferably somewhere with a pool and poolside bar and maybe an indoor roller coaster. Las Vegas has my vote!

Now we are back to the convention vs. camping rally debate. I say BOTH!

MarkF

Originally posted by boxergrrlie
With the size of the convention centers there, I have no doubt that the MOA could find somewhere to host a couple thousand indoor campers. Preferably somewhere with a pool and poolside bar and maybe an indoor roller coaster. Las Vegas has my vote! [/QUOTE]

I am with you Boxer Grrlie!!

See you at the poolside bar.We can catch Pat Boone later,n'est-ce pas?

I can go for the free drinks, and can even tolerate Wayne Newton (in small doses) but if you're gonna ride your scooter, you still gotta go outside sometime... and Las Vegas in the summertime is not what I'd call a motorcycle friendly environment!

I gotta hold out for someplace a little farther North and a whole lot cooler!

BradfordBenn said:
Actually with the size of convention center, you can ride inside.:idea :p
You mean I can ride right in to the Pat Boone concert?!? I am going to LOVE Las Vegas. Save me a spot, jgr451!

Here's a rumor . .

How about Topeka, Kansas.

Heartland Park Topeka Race Track.

Camping all around the track.
Hotels nearby.

83 degrees for a high today.

Awesome Worlds of Fun roller coasters nearby.

Centrally located ; )

I'm kidding. It's too close to home. . .

Voni
sMiling.
:wow

anyone else notice that kbasa is in regardless of where it's held? if there's a track, or some drinks, and he gets to ride to the rally, i think he's in. ;)

now if we could get wayne newton, celine dion, and a snowcapped mountain to go to topeka...

username said:
anyone else notice that kbasa is in regardless of where it's held? if there's a track, or some drinks, and he gets to ride to the rally, i think he's in. ;)

now if we could get wayne newton, celine dion, and a snowcapped mountain to go to topeka...

If there are two motorcyclists together, I want to be one of them. If there are 5000 BMW riders together, I definitely want to be one of them.

KBasa said:
If there are two motorcyclists together, I want to be one of them. If there are 5000 BMW riders together, I definitely want to be one of them.

I'll drink to that!:beer

username said:

Now he understands. ;)

Wherever it is we will be there. This event is (ok so I am biased) the greatest BMW motorcycle party on earth no matter where it is held. :)

Best,

Rob Nye
I'm in with K Basa

Rob Nye said:
Now he understands. ;)

Wherever it is we will be there. This event is (ok so I am biased) the greatest BMW motorcycle party on earth no matter where it is held. :)

Best,

Rob Nye
I'm in with K Basa

See you in Spokane, daddy-o. :wave

username said:
Wayne Newton and Celine Dion? This, from an Austin-ite? For shame...
How about Steve Earl with the Austin Lounge Lizards - hell, I'd watch that even if it was cold women servin' warm beer.

gussie said:
Wayne Newton and Celine Dion? This, from an Austin-ite? For shame...
How about Steve Earl with the Austin Lounge Lizards - hell, I'd watch that even if it was cold women servin' warm beer.

whoa! i'm not suggesting that i want wayne newton and celine dion there! you are correct, thoughts like that will get me thrown out of my oh-so-hEp city. in fact, as part of my deed restrictions, im not allowed to like any band that has sold more than 1,000 albums and is not from austin. ;) when i mention the wayne/celine thing, im thinking of my fellow bmw enthusiasts, who for some reason i dont get, find the vegas lounge folks to be interesting. to each his own. i cut kbasa some slack, he lives in (ok, near) the town that brought us huey lewis and the news. not every city can have don walser yodeling the night away. :D

now, if wayne or celine ride bmws, hey, thats a different story.

User, you have completely redeemed (or, deemed?) yourself. I mean, c'mon, how many MOA-ers know about the "Pete Seeger of country music"?

Seeing that we've completely subterfuged this thread and turned it into an American roots music rant....
How many of you think country music is all about Nashville? Well, it's totally NOT, but Tennesee might be a good place for a rally!

username said:
now, if wayne or celine ride bmws, hey, thats a different story.
I know for a fact that Pat Boone rides. Who knows what though. I shudder to think (looking for 'scared' smiley and not finding it...).
If that's a requirement, everyone should be able to agree on Lyle Lovett.

boxergrrlie said:
If that's a requirement, everyone should be able to agree on Lyle Lovett.

Lyle kicks butt.

Yup KBasa has nailed it. A bunch of riders getting together, I am there. Heck if there are two riders and KBasa wants to be one, I want to be the other. However he better be making the drinks.:drink

I dunno about you boys. Seems just about every thread turns into happy hour! :beer

Ohhh boy. I am getting the feeling. The feeling of pending fun. K Basa has seen me when I get this way, next thing I will be doing circles in the driveway at sunrise screaming "come on! Let's GO!!

Working on a total thread hi-jack one of my favorite movies is the original Highlander. They talk about something called the "quickening" which is the feeling the highlanders got when there were about to be thrown together.

One week from today I head west. The quickening is getting stronger......

:rofl :bliss :clap :evil :stick :wave :boldpurpl :rocker :wow

Best,

Rob Nye
"We're here, let's go!"

Back