• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2005 National rally

Yes

I don't have it though. Typically it is announced at the Rally but maybe if everyone asks nice someone will share it?

Re: Not yet

BradfordBenn said:
I don't have it though. Typically it is announced at the Rally but maybe if everyone asks nice someone will share it?

Are you kidding!

It's the big secret. The official reason is that it helps their bargaining position with various contracts if the vendor does not know the MOA is locked into a location.

But, in the beautiful world of the internet it will leak out before July. It did the last two years. I'm just waiting to see who leaks it first this year.

The MOA execs have admitted that the official rally announcement might soon be a thing of the past.

MARKF

Rally 05

Only a few things from the old days and that is telling everyone on sat. nite at the awards where the site of the next rally will be. Also, don't open the gates until the day the rally starts, then again this is not the old days.:snore

Santa Fe

I'd vote for Santa Fe. Reasonable temps, beautiful New Mexican Rockies scenery, capital city that accomodates conventions, lots to do, etc, etc.

Re: Santa Fe

gussie said:
I'd vote for Santa Fe. Reasonable temps, beautiful New Mexican Rockies scenery, capital city that accomodates conventions, lots to do, etc, etc.

I live in Santa Fe and you really do not want to hold a rally here of the size that we are talking about.

There is no place big enough to hold all the campers or other facilities required by the BMW MOA.

Sure it is a pretty place, with good riding, lots of cultural attractions, and 300 art galleries... but it is also damn expensive!

Re: Re: Santa Fe

Tuanputih said:
I live in Santa Fe and you really do not want to hold a rally here of the size that we are talking about.

There is no place big enough to hold all the campers or other facilities required by the BMW MOA.

Sure it is a pretty place, with good riding, lots of cultural attractions, and 300 art galleries... but it is also damn expensive!
You live there, I guess you'd know.
But how about the racetrack?

Vegas in July

As stated in "Good Morning Vietnam"

"It's hot, DAMN hot..."

I'm really not sure if it's even possible to adequately describe the level of HOT and MISERABLE that is Vegas in the Summer. Like getting a good whack to the 'nads, it's a special sort of misery that you just have to experience to truly appreciate.

I vote for Mtns... CO, WY, Northern N.M., Montana... Middle of the country and cool if you get up into enough elevation.

Cheers

RW (went to Vegas ONCE in the summer)

Reno / Tahoe area would be AMAZING but it's too close to Spokane to be a possibility this go round. I'm gonna lay my bet on Colorado. Not because I just moved here, but because it is central or a bit west, and the riding and weather would be ideal... WHEN is the official word given?

RW

I hope it's Colorado! On the top of the Rockies. Plenty of space, good riding, and lakes, and great weather, and good riding, and stuff. Gambrinus, My cousin lives near Denver. I bought my /7 near there. Have you ever been to those cool Indian hotsprings? Bee-u-tee-ful! Hangin' out,(wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean?), in those great natural hotsprings soaking up some sun and checkin out those snowtopped mountains. You gotta love it.
Thanks,
Michael

KBasa's obviously never been to Vegas in July!

Oh, Canada!

A couple of years ago, the BMW RA held their annual rally in Red River New Mexico. A couple of friends and I rode out there, stopping in Vegas for 2 days. It got to 112 degrees! On the day we left, we left at 445 am, and the pavement was still warm! You don't want to go to Vegas in the summer. Repeat after me - stay away from Las Vegas in the summer.

Make the rally in Colorado.

I'm with Kbasa.Once we're there,who cares?Air conditioning,Pat Boone and Celine Dion??

AH hah!!!

Don't get me wrong, Vegas is BIG time fun for a whole laundry list of reasons. The trouble starts when you start talking about: summer + motorcycle + camping.

Cheers

RW

Back