• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Some help for registration volunteers?

hankb

I am here to serve you.
We enjoyed the rally and I had a blast working registration (again - did that in West Bend too.) It's too much fun meeting all of those new people along with a few old friends. I figure I'm the first "rally official" that these incoming participants are meeting (greeters notwithstanding :D ) and its my job to get them off to a good start. I do whatever I can to make this happen.

That's my first priority. My second priority is to take care of all the business that is supposed to be taken care of. That includes:
  • Asking to see their MOA card
  • Getting their paperwork from them.
  • matching our copy of the paperwork (for preregistrations)
  • picking up their packet (armband and booklet)
  • reminding them to deposit their door prize tickets
  • reviewing key locations with them on the map
  • Asking them to sign their registration

See where I'm going with this? How about providing registration volunteers with a cheat sheet that we can refer to to make sure we don't forget anything? I know there were things I overlooked from time to time.

So... How many things do you think I forgot in the list above? See what I mean? (If I go for groceries and have more than three things to get, I require a written list. :deal )

In general I think registration has been going great and I appreciate the effort that the folks put into running it. I just make this suggestion as a way to make things just a little bit better.

best,
hank

Great Idea...Wrong Place!

This is the WRONG PLACE to send your very good suggestion. Send a PM to Vance Harrelson (2009 Rally Chair) or BMWMOA HQTRS. This is the best way to be certain your thoughts are considered. Great Idea!

Riding Like the Wind...

CHASMAN

Send a PM to Vance Harrelson (2009 Rally Chair) or BMWMOA HQTRS.

Thank you Chuck - I will do that.

-hank

Edit: No Vance Harrelson ID on this board. If you would be so kind as to post (or PM) contact info I would appreciate it.

thanks,
hank

Thank you Chuck - I will do that.

-hank

Edit: No Vance Harrelson ID on this board. If you would be so kind as to post (or PM) contact info I would appreciate it.

thanks,
hank

Hello Hank,
Been out of town riding in ...guess where???...TN this weekend. Thanks for your suggestions and please do send them to me at rallychair2009@bmwmoa.org . I am using that address to capture details just such as this one.

I will have the committee chairs in place soon and will pass your suggestion to the registration chair. I'll post when chairs are seated and you can then contact them directly to volunteer. Thanks for your help and support! I look forward to working with everyone to produce a great rally!

You might also want to get in touch with the registration chair. Marc Souliere has been in the past; I can't speak for whether or not he will be next year.

P.S. Hank, I can name the actor in your avatar.

Nope, Richard Kiel. You probably know him as 'Jaws' in The Spy Who Loved Me. I've seen the Twilight Zone episode that picture comes from. He was only 23 at the time so he ws a bit more fresh-faced then.

Richard Kiel played a member of the race " The Kanamit" It is a classic sci-fi short story written in 1950 by Damon Knight, called, " To Serve Man."
Many TZ scripts came from classic sci-fi stories. Think of the Billy Mumy episode. That is from, "It's a Good Life" by Jerome Bixby, 1953.

I collect the old, out of print stories.

Jim Faucher
Beer Co-chair:drink

See you in Tenn!

Jim Faucher
Beer Co-chair:drink

See you in Tenn!

Hi Jim - Nice to see you at the GMR last weekend!

Looking forward to seeing you in TN!

Oops, is this a Beer Garden Hijack?

Well, I'll be volunteering in Registration, too, so I guess not!

Back