We enjoyed the rally and I had a blast working registration (again - did that in West Bend too.) It's too much fun meeting all of those new people along with a few old friends. I figure I'm the first "rally official" that these incoming participants are meeting (greeters notwithstanding ) and its my job to get them off to a good start. I do whatever I can to make this happen.
That's my first priority. My second priority is to take care of all the business that is supposed to be taken care of. That includes:
- Asking to see their MOA card
- Getting their paperwork from them.
- matching our copy of the paperwork (for preregistrations)
- picking up their packet (armband and booklet)
- reminding them to deposit their door prize tickets
- reviewing key locations with them on the map
- Asking them to sign their registration
See where I'm going with this? How about providing registration volunteers with a cheat sheet that we can refer to to make sure we don't forget anything? I know there were things I overlooked from time to time.
So... How many things do you think I forgot in the list above? See what I mean? (If I go for groceries and have more than three things to get, I require a written list. )
In general I think registration has been going great and I appreciate the effort that the folks put into running it. I just make this suggestion as a way to make things just a little bit better.