• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MinuteMan 1000

Win3855

What a good time I had this weekend. I participated in theÔÇØ Minuteman 1000 ÔÇ£ located in New England.I received my SaddleSore 1000 certificate and license plate back. Put on by the Yankee Beemers, it was a fine experience. I started at 6 AM in Greenfield, MA to Swanton, VT then to Bangor, ME,then Wyoming, RI then Milford, CT and back to Greenfield, MA. Weather was great.I learned several things.One was to stop and look at map before riding 20 miles then deciding to do so. I did that twice in Vermont, got turned around several times,ended up going 100 plus unnecessary miles started to think I had blown it less then two hours into ride. Got ahold of myself and had a bottle of water ,got back on bike and rode. I got to Bangor and thought that I donÔÇÖt have enough time to make it.Heres one of the things I learned,at the meeting the night before it was said do not go home for any reason. The trip from Bangor to RI went within two miles of my house. I thought, NO keep riding.The trip down I95 went smooth, traffic was traveling at speeds I was comfortable with.Night fell and the traffic around Boston to RI on 128 was scaring the pants off me. I rarely get into that amount of travel lanes and speed here in Maine where I live. Found Wyoming, RI gas stop. Learned that when Interstates go from state to state Exit numbers change. No problem ask at gas stop and got good info. Rode to Milford,CT gas stop, several other riders were there. I was able to follow one through Interstate construction in Hartford,CT lost him after that. Arrived at Greenfield, MA about 3:30 AM. well within the 24 hour time limit.The next thing I learned was I could do the ride. Only felt sleepy twice, stopped, stretched and walked around, had some water and was good to go. I met many people and am lousy with names so thanks to all.

Hey, it was good to meet you there. I got a picture of you too, but can't post it here :lol

I will be posting the report when I'm done writing it.

-d

I can put the face to the name now.One name and one face. Nice to meet you also.Good job on riding the rally. Martial

Back