• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Another Alaska Tale!

VSTATCO

Attached is a story about my motorcycle trip to Alaska last summer. I wrote it to be informative to other riders. Enjoy and good riding! ;)

Attachments

• alaska.tale.pdf
    153.4 KB · Views: 147
Alaska Tale

Vincent that is an awesome report......Thanks for sharing......
I have never been there but would love to take the trip myself someday.....:)

Thank - you Vincent. I was just taking a break from packing to leave for Alaska and found your article. Well written and a very similar trip to what I have planned.

I have a good number of things to keep me busy these last few evenings before I leave (this coming weekend) and thanks to you I have more fuel in my tank to get em done.

I get to leave this weekend and board the ferry in Skagway on the 26th of July. So I will have a bit more time to spend there.

Well back to organizing my stuff.....

Man, now that sounds like a blast, I'll have to pass this on to my SO who's planning a 5 week 4-corners tour of the US in 2006 and has been trying to convince the other women going to take the ferry to Alaska.

Very nicely done, dude.:clap :clap

RM

Great write up!

Vincent said:
Attached is a story about my motorcycle trip to Alaska last summer. I wrote it to be informative to other riders. Enjoy and good riding! ;)

Thanks, Vincent.

Here is another Alaska trip report that provides a lot of useful advice for those planning a trip.

Unfortunately, while this story has many pages, it has been de-activated. The link above will get you to the home page of the story and let you view some information about the gear and how to pack it. Maybe someone can dig up the links to the rest of the story.

============== edited 6/22/04 =====================

(found the links in an old backup of the site... here you go!)

The Lower 48

20 miles of bad road

Kodak, Karma & Canada

The Cassiar Highway

Alaska!

Denali & Down South

Heading south

Eating the Elephant

============== end of edit =================

The original write up is on the IBMWR site.

Ian

Last edited:
Thank You!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words on my story. Best wishes to all taking the same journey! :D Great Riding, Vincent.

Great report.
We are leaving tomorrow for Panoia then on to Alaska via the Cassiar Hwy and Dawson City, YT to Tok.
I checked the weather online and it looks great, sunny and dry in the low 70's on all of the roads. That helps with our packing because we don't have to carry that pesky rain gear.
:brow

Back