• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Women Who Ride Seminar

Voni

sMiling
Staff member
I always get stoked by the Women Who Ride seminar at the National. What wonderful sharing we always have.

This year we'd like to schedule it earlier than Saturday morning so that we can meet other women riders earlier in the rally, and then have a meet and chat time Saturday morning during our traditional time. What do you think? What do you want from this seminar?

Voni
sMiling

:wow

Women Who Ride

I can hardly believe that there haven't been any replies to your inquiry! I caught the last 30 minutes of the session last year and it was great. I'm looking forward to attending the whole session this year.

An informal get-together on Wednesday or Thursday morning might be nice (say over coffee or breakfast) if there's a suitable venue. Folks can meet/greet and make plans for the remainder of the week.

Voni said:
I always get stoked by the Women Who Ride seminar at the National. What wonderful sharing we always have.

Honestly, I have never attended the seminar. I'm usually out riding on Saturday's at the National. Doing something earlier during the rally would probably work better for me. But, that's JMHO.

I too was surprised not to have heard from anyone till now ; )

At this seminar there NEVER is a lack of creative and fun responses.

My hope by meeting earlier is that we'll not miss Stacey again :)

And we'll have time to arrange rides, and other informal meetings during the rally.

BMW riding women are the greatest!!!

Women who Ride seminar

Hello Voni.

Be sure to contact Susanna Parkhouse if you have a specific time in mind for your seminar. Susanna and I were in Charleston earlier this week checking out the facility. Every time I visit there it looks better and better. Susanna arrived somewhat skeptical, but left a true believer.

See you in Charleston.

Susannah is the one who asked me to get "our" seminar going ; )

I'm counting on wonderful facilities from all I've heard and seen. Our biggest need is for a large enough room. Seems we always overflow whatever space we're given.

Can't wait!!

Now - just need some more ideas for the seminar itself.

What have you liked?

What can we improve?

Voni
sMiling

Women Who Ride Discussion Ideas

I'd like to see the group assemble and distribute (via BMW ON?) a list of resources where women can find high-quality gear designed for women.

Re: Women Who Ride Discussion Ideas

R1200CLC said:
I'd like to see the group assemble and distribute (via BMW ON?) a list of resources where women can find high-quality gear designed for women.

You'll be able to find, and try on, a whole range of motorcycle gear designed for women right in the same building as the Women Who Ride seminar. Just visit the vendors in the adjoining Commercial Vendor area, many of whom now carry gender specific gear.

And it will all be air-conditioned!

Just another reason to be holding our Rally in Charleston, WV this year. Be there or be sweaty somewhere else. :)

And after visiting the vendors, we can share real life experiences about what works and what lasts - and what doesn't - and how to solve those problems that are unique to women riders.

Thanks for the suggestion! Keep them coming.

I've worn Hein Gericke and First Gear for years and highly recommend them. They're distributed by Intersport Fashions.

I'm off to Hyder, Alaska next Friday, but I'll check back.

Voni
sMiling

Womens Seminar

Voni...This is my first BMW rally. Would love to have womens riding clothes experts who would do on-the-spot fittings..come to visit us. Lots of women have problems getting the right clothes..but more than that..the right fit! Lynne

Women who Ride

For starters, the BMW Apparel Truck will be in Charleston with lots of clothing designed for women. The head of the BMW Apparel program is a woman, Joan Horst, and she should be there with the truck to help with any advice you might need.

There will also be plenty of other clothing vendors inside the Vendor Hall at the Civic Center, many of whom will feature riding clothing designed for women.

Of course you could always ask one of the many thousands of male riders, "Do these leathers make my....." NAAAHHH, I won't go there. :p

See you in Charleston

women who may want to ride

My wife is considering getting a bike and might enjoy eavsdropping. Is that okay?

Brian Malsch

Of course she's welcome. We will have lots to share. And who knows, we just may encourage her ; )

And you'd be welcome, too.

We're really very inclusive ; ) As long as you want to learn about issues relevant to women.

Voni
sMiling

Women's Seminar

Friday would be a great day for me. I'm taking the ERC for women only on Sat. I'll keep an eye out for a possible scheduled date and time. Hope to see everyone there. Thanks
:p

Bike Get Together & Swap Meet

Let's try to pick a seminar time that conflicts with the least amount of other events/seminars. Many F650 owners are women. Hope we don't conflict with the Chain Gang seminar. (Demo ride sign ups always take lots of morning time.)

How about picking a time and location to bring our modified bikes and favorite gear for show & tell like we did in Trenton behind the BMW demo truck? That should be a regular event at Nationals. Let's not wait till Sat. -- we need time to go buy the things we saw and liked!

Evolving along those lines, maybe that would also be a good time & place to bring used clothing, gear, & gadgets that we'd like to sell. Much easier to buy if we can try on for size instead of guessing on the IBMWR classifieds site! Maybe late afternoon or early evenings Thurs. or Fri. after the vendors are closed??

Diane

Back in April, when Susannah was planning the vast puzzle of times and places for seminars, I asked for advice in this forum. Then I requested either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning for the women who ride seminar, and then another time Saturday morning for informal meeting of women riders. Too late to change that.

There may also be more women focused seminars, at least that's my hope. I sure encouraged it! But just a month away, I'd expect it's too late to change much for this year. The rally program should already be at the printers.

As to the ideas expressed here now, be sure to talk about them early next year for the rally in Spokane! Should be wonderful riding in that part of the country. I just returned from a 3 week ride around scouting for Ayres Adventures. Wonderful roads! Little traffic! BIG animals ; )

AND we can talk more at the two seminars in Charleston.
See you there. . .

Can't wait!!!!

Voni
smiling

WOW! I just checked the seminar schedule. There are more women riders and subjects than ever before!!! Go here:

http://bmwmoa.org/rally03/seminars.htm

We are going to have such fun!!!! See you in Charleston!

And keep sending in ideas about what you'd like to discuss at the seminar. I'm collecting them to share with our presenters.

Voni
sMiling and sMiling

Women's Seminars

Ya'll did a great job, I checked out all the seminars and they sound great. I'm just bummed out because I scheduled white water rafting on Thurs. afternoon and ERC cource on Sat. morn. Oh well, I'll just have to come afterwards and see if anyone is hanging out.
See you in Charleston

Back