• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Color in the Catskills, a FREE MOA event!!!

rob nye

Ritalin Poster Boy
Good morning,

Recently I had a chance to swing by the Hunter Mountain Resort with Mike Friedle. Mike has been working with the folks at Hunter (their lead guy rides a BMW) to include us in their annual Oktoberfest event.

For the first two weekends in October they host an Oktoberfest celebration with music, food and of course plenty of beer. This is a day time activity and while it attracts thousands of people most do not stay for the night. Thanks to the BMW MOA and Max BMW Motorcycles they will be offering evening music and entertainment, seminars and more. There is no charge for any of this, all you need to cover is your own food, beer and lodging. While Hunter has discounted their rooms there is no requirement that you stay there. There are other hotels in the area plus a state park for camping a few miles down the road.

On Sunday there will be a AMA sanctioned Trials competition on the slopes. They will be practicing Saturday so there is good spectating both days. Admission to watch the Trials is FREE.

Max BMW Motorcycles will also be sponsoring a series of dual sport (dirt riding) classes. These will be lead by a BMW instructor from the their training facility in Spartanburg. They will be very close to if not free. In addition to the training there will be guided rides up ski trails to the summit of Hunter.

If dirt is not your thing there are miles of great roads starting at the parking lot. We were riding around on Monday of Labor Day Weekend and traffic was light, the roads were clear and the scenery fantastic.

All ths is happening on 3, 4 and 5th. And admission is FREE!

I think this is going to be a fantastic event!

Good morning,
While Hunter has discounted their rooms there is no requirement that you stay there. There are other hotels in the area plus a state park for camping a few miles down the road. I think this is going to be a fantastic event!

Thanks for the information.
I would like to attend the Rally and I prefer camping.
What is the name of the state park? :thumb :thumb :thumb
Thanks.

colors

Thanks Paul, I never did figure out how to do those blue link thingies.

:scratch

Friedle

anybody have a full schedule link?

See the Chartered Clubs and Local Events Forum and find the Thread entitled
"Colors in the Catskills Overview". If I knew how to make one of those blue link thingies this would be a lot easier. Where's my kid when I need her? :dunno

Friedle

I thoroughly enjoyed this event. Despite having to work two of the three days, my day there on Friday exposed me to some great people and nice roads. Well done, Mike :clap

Back