• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My Solo Ride Home From BC

great pics but what i like the best is your brake lights mounted in your side boxes. is this something you did yourself or did you have it done some ware? i am very interested and you got me ready to cut some holes in my jesse's.

Thanks trashman :p You can pick up those lights at a trailer supply shop. I forget what I paid for them but it wasn't a whole lot. I did pay a little more for the led type though.
They are hooked up to the running and brake light only...I never did caulk them in so they do leak a little...OK they leak pretty badly. Someday I will address that issue...

Yur my hero!!!

Great ride and post! A big thanks for sharing your experience with us!

What kind of grip covers are you using? they look pretty comfy! Also, noticed you have the big lean angle when on the sidestand. A cheap and quik fix is a hockey puck mounted to the sidestand plate. Bigger footprint and easy to mount!:dance

If you don't mind, can you send me a pm on the grip covers, thanks in advance.

Great ride and post! A big thanks for sharing your experience with us!

What kind of grip covers are you using? they look pretty comfy! Also, noticed you have the big lean angle when on the sidestand. A cheap and quik fix is a hockey puck mounted to the sidestand plate. Bigger footprint and easy to mount!:dance

If you don't mind, can you send me a pm on the grip covers, thanks in advance.

Thanks, r1150gsadvrider

Hockey puck huh?..Now you tell me.:brow :D

I could have use that a couple of weeks ago. :doh

Those "puffy grips" are called Grip puppies. They cost about $9.00

378552479_RsYWV-L.jpg

Sorry

That;s me, a day late and a dollar (or two) short!:doh A counersunk bolt in the center, thru the bottom plate and a couple of short self tapping scrws to keeper in place.

Thanks, r1150gsadvrider

Hockey puck huh?..Now you tell me.:brow :D

I could have use that a couple of weeks ago. :doh

Those "puffy grips" are called Grip puppies. They cost about $9.00

378552479_RsYWV-L.jpg

Back