• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

what's that tail bag??

the Wizard of Oz
Couple weeks ago I saw a nifty little tail bag on a 1200ST. Closed cell foam, streamlined, black, maybe 8 X 10". Ordered the Chase Harper "Stealth" from Aerostitch and that's not it. The CH is considerably larger than what I saw. Looked at BMW products and found nada.

Any ideas about what I saw and where I might look?:scratch

thanx!

Thanx, Jim. i think that might be it. I looked at the ztech site and found a couple local dealers, one that's simply called ztechnic. So maybe I can get a close-up look before I buy. I appreciate the help.

Boy. The pix on the Ztech site are crap, though, aren't they?

5 minutes later... i just went back to their site and lo and behold! i think Z tech HQ is located about 5 miles from my house. I noticed an Illinois plate on one of the bikes shown, and they've listed a local ph#. i thinkI'm in business!
Thanx, again!

Last edited:
RKA Luggage

If you are still searching, I just got one of these.
http://www.rka-luggage.com/A03 Seatbags/18RKCA/18RKCA.html
It worked great on a recent long trip. Keeps the wallet, cell phone, maps etc easily accessible and goes on and off quickly.
I bought this bag because it was designed for what I feel is an oddly-shaped rear rack on my R12ST. Richard (the "R" in RKA) rides the same bike and calls it "his office". There's a bigger size too.

I like the ztechnik bag, first time I've seen it. It too is pictured on an ST, so the fit should be good. It looks small, but depends on how much crap you carry.

Regards,

Lou

Back