• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

49L topcase liner???

markgoodrich

After lugging the million pound topcase up three flights of stairs to my hotel room one too many times, I'm ready for a liner for it. I've got Bestem liners for the side cases, but they don't appear to offer a liner for the OEM 49L top case. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Try Bob's BMW, They carry a line of liners by "Kathy" and are warrented for life

Found BMW OEM liner and Kathy's liner (where you said to look...missed it the first time), but the Kathy's is two sections, and one of the things I need to store is a laptop; can anyone describe/photo the interior of either the BMW or Kathy's????? Or recommend another brand?

Thx.

Found BMW OEM liner and Kathy's liner (where you said to look...missed it the first time), but the Kathy's is two sections, and one of the things I need to store is a laptop; can anyone describe/photo the interior of either the BMW or Kathy's????? Or recommend another brand?

Thx.

I suggest you call Bob's BMW and talk to them - they are a real good group of folks who work closely with Kathy on development of these products. I have done some prototype testing for them and they probably have something that will fit your needs.

Not sure which bike you've got, bu there's a Kathy's bag for a 49 Litre top case posted in the Flea Market August 10/08...

While I'm at it, I should praise the Bestem sidecase liners. Have used them on numerous trips, they are well made, fit the cases, and were cheap. I think I found them on ebay. Apparently they don't make a top case liner.

Cheers.

I have one of dual compartment "kathy" liners from Bob's BMW and it works fine with my 17.4" laptop.

I like the two compartments as I can carry the (heavy) laptop on the bottom and still get at it easily without unloading a bunch of stuff.

I have one of dual compartment "kathy" liners from Bob's BMW and it works fine with my 17.4" laptop.

I like the two compartments as I can carry the (heavy) laptop on the bottom and still get at it easily without unloading a bunch of stuff.

Thanks, just what I needed to know, still haven't heard from the seller of the used one, but at least I know I can buy a new one and it'll work.

Cheers,

Mark

Back