• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Boots (riding/work)

boxerkuh

I love my Adidas GSG 9, second edition. They wear like sneakers, all day comfort; not waterproof, but water resistent for hours (this helps us sweaty feet)

This is what I wear every day to work: http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?productID=5557&TabID=1&CatID=6

Good enough for the USMC? Good enough for me. Waterproof and steel toed if you need safety boots. They make a couple different styles, so look around the USCAV website at the other offerings. Comfortable, but a little warm by the end of the day.

The only thing about them is that they have laces. After a few months of riding, the laces on my left boot break. I need to get some shifter skins for riding.

Otherwise they are great boots and don't look half bad.

Now if I can just find a local place that sells just some of the good suggestions here. I've purchased enough lousy shoes over the years, that I won't buy a pair unless I can try them on first. The places out here (S.F. East Bay) are f@#$%&g useless for boots.

Sidi Canyons Rock

I bought a pair of Sidi Canyon boots in May. I absolutely love them. Easy on/off with Velcro and buckle. Super comfy the first time I wore them.

I've worn them in some fairly heavy rain (incl a recent ride home from work with large standing puddles) and my feet have yet to get damp, let alone wet.

If you wear jeans or chinos to work (and the hem isn't at...ahem..."flood" height), the buckle and upper boot can't be seen, though they might look funny with suit pants. They look like funky, Euro-style shoes. Someone may wonder about the sueded toe patch, but that's it.

I have last year's model, with the smoother, non-lug sole. I'd spend the $ and get the lug sole - better grip, looks more like boots. I found them at my local shop on the clearance table - size 13 no less! - but they go for $250-300 online. Size seems pretty accurate.

Back