• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Topcase for a 08 GSA

podsobinski

Thanks Beemerbum

Jury is still out on what to use but I am still leaning towards GIVI. Not sure why, just seems like a difference and good price.

I had a Givi V46 mounted on my 06 GS ADV. It worked fine - the airflow over the stock GS ADV windscreen would hit the case, making the bike handle rougher, with rear buffetting, when the V46 was on. It was something I would notice, but I could still ride the bike as fast as I wanted. It is particularly easy to remove from the bike when you want to.

I only used the V46 whan my wife was on the back because she likes a backrest. On the few long distance trips we took together, we were a little cramped for storage space between the Jesse bags and the V46 - if I was going to do much 2up touring with the top case I would have gotten the 52L for extra capacity, but for around town and weekend use, the V46 was fine.

I think Givi makes the best looking top case, YMMV.

74491443_fRN6Z-L.jpg

74491421_VRqYu-L.jpg

Looks Good

Thanks, BobFV1, that looks great and will probably be used only with the wife on trips also. Now, I must get her approval and I can order on.

gpodzo

Back