• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2009 Tennessee National Rally

We ate at the Firehouse several years ago, so I don't know how it is now. It was very good, on a scale of 10 I would rate it an 8.

I ate there last month. Still excellent but crowded on a Saturday night. It won't hold many of us.

Beer time

And now 27,300 hits later.......... is the beer garden going to open for early arrivals? :bar
aaaaaa

Usually, the Beer Garden starts serving on Wed. afternoon. :buds We have a pretty good sized crowd on Wed. night and probably will have a band that night. It used to be that the gates opened early for volunteer staff only, but I don' t think that early admittance requires Rally service anymore (but it should!). Getting in early will make it easier to find a campsite--trust me, most good campsites are gone by Noon on Thursday at the Nationals:scratch Of course, the Rally will be so interesting and exciting,it will not matter about the quality of your campsite (except for the 100dB snorer a couple of tents away from you.:dunno)

We always need bartenders, so come on in and serve a shift or two. If slinging beers is not your thing, there are LOTS of volunteer jobs for attendees over the weekend. You should sign up for something at the Rally, and be a part of a amazing event! :dance

Rev.Willie
Head Bartender (Wed. and Sat.)

A small encouragement for those planning on early arrival. Volunteer for something. It doesn't matter what. You will be helping Rally chairpersons that need the help. You will meet some really nice folks and get to know some new friends. You will feel ownership for the rally.

And in addition, it is good karma.:thumb

A small encouragement for those planning on early arrival. Volunteer for something. It doesn't matter what. You will be helping Rally chairpersons that need the help. You will meet some really nice folks and get to know some new friends. You will feel ownership for the rally.

And in addition, it is good karma.:thumb

Yes the rally is about volunteering....a great experience for sure.

To volunteer now, just drop me a email at volunteerme@comcast.net

I will give you a list of committees that need many volunteers and you can pick and choose which committee...couple of email exchanges and your set....

An extra...this year we will have a drawing for some great door prizes just for vounteers, a way to say thanks....sign up at Volunteer Central after you pick up your registration packet. Drawing Saturday...don't have to be present to win....just be a volunteer.

Vendors at the rally

Maybe an oversight on my part, Is the vendors list posted ?

My first BMW Rally!

I am excited to plan to attend this years rally. I plan on camping, which should be an absolute BLAST. Looking forward to my first rally event and to meeting some new people.

Any advice from you rally vets would be greatly appreciated!
Until later...

:D

Experienced Rider Course

Does anyone know if there will be an experienced rider course offered at the rally?
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
:thumb

Does anyone know if there will be an experienced rider course offered at the rally?
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
:thumb[/QUOTE

Yes, we will have an ERC during the rally week. Details will be forthcoming!

Vance Harrelson
2009 Rally Chair

RV Parking

What's the situation for RVs? Any parking at the Fairgrounds?

Gillette was a blast. Couldn't get in early so we had a pre-rally in the Wally World parking lot for two days prior. Total of eleven units. Great fun.

Looking forward to the excellent riding.

I am excited to plan to attend this years rally. I plan on camping, which should be an absolute BLAST. Looking forward to my first rally event and to meeting some new people.

Until later...

Are you going down alone, or with someone? Depending on what part of CT you are in, there will be a bunch of OceanstateBMWriders heading down.

Until later...

I suggest that you volunteer at least one shift and see if you have a good time. It is a great way to meet people and help the rally operate. Pick something that interests you and contact the committee chair or the volunteer committee chair. Watch the website for the list of chairs.

:usa Guy's , this is my wife and I's 1st rally. If I volunteer wont we miss out on the happenings??? I mean, maybe it would be good to know how long, or how many days this volunteering is for,ya know? Is it just for 4 hrs for 1 day or what? Can I wait and volunteer once I get there? Where do we find these answeres? I'm glad the wife is going along, but I dont want her to get bored while I'm volunteering for something...she may not want to go again. Been trying to get her to camp...but thats out. We already have reservations so we'll try our darndest to get there. let me and others know where we can get answeres to these questions
Thanks

If you decide to volunteer for some duty, its usely for four hours on one day of the four day rally. I don't think you'll miss much.

Thanks, I'll talk to the wife ...maybe I can get her to volunteer with me...hadn't thought of that!!! Does she have to be a member to volunteer?

maybe I should have read all the posts for an answer but decided to take a short cut: What is the entertainment line up and who is the Main Stage act? Rush?? -Bob

Thanks, I'll talk to the wife ...maybe I can get her to volunteer with me...hadn't thought of that!!! Does she have to be a member to volunteer?

Do not have to be a member to volunteer, you can volunteer for one shift or more, one committee or more....

Like as been said, usually a shift is four hours and many husband and wife teams do volunteer.

I will post a list of committees within a few days...however if you wish to drop me a email I will forward you the list as I have it now...

VolunteerMe@comcast.net

Committees that will need many VOLUNTEERS

Volunteer Page on the Rally Site Click HERE

Attachments

• Committees that need many volunteers.doc
    52 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Back