• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Gloves

gboyvin

I am looking for a good pair of gloves with gel inserts. I purchased a pair of Olympia light weight gel gloves at Gilette but they do not resolve my problem. I am having a vibration problem on my 1200RT and I was hoping a good pair of gel gloves would solve the problem. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

This may be a bit off the topic just a bit. For summer riding I bought a pair of "mechanics" gloves at a local hardware store. They came with a pretty fair amount of padding in the palm area but yet don't have a real bulky feel to them. They are an all artificial fabric construction with a reinforced suede like texture on the inside gripping area. They seem to be pretty robust construction yet flow air on the backside pretty well for cooling. You might want to give something like that a look.

I am looking for a good pair of gloves with gel inserts. I purchased a pair of Olympia light weight gel gloves at Gilette but they do not resolve my problem. I am having a vibration problem on my 1200RT and I was hoping a good pair of gel gloves would solve the problem. Any recommendation would be appreciated.
My suggestions would be:

Foam grip covers - see www.beemerboneyard.com - about $7

Get the valves and rocker arm endplay adjusted on the bike. Check the throttle-body sync after doing rockers and valves.

There is no reason for vibration at any level of annoyance on one of the Hexhead engined bikes. They can be tuned to have virtually no vibration at any reasonable RPM (2k-6,500k).. the only place vibration may appear is > 7k, which it isn't likely anyone in the US runs at for any distance.

I received a new mailer from Harbor Freight today and noticed they're offering "Anti Vibration Gloves" with vibration absorbing gel in all fingers and thumb. Price is $8.99. Maybe they're decent gloves but at least you could test the gel concept for not too much money.

I was having trouble with my right hand going numb and getting tennis elbow as well. I tried a few gloves and also tried to adjust the way I was gripping the bars, none seemed to help. But then I discovered that it was not from gripping too tight,or from vibrations, it was from the diameter of the grips where too small. I got a set of 'Grip puppies' from California Sport Touring and all is good now. Not completely pain free, but I can ride all day, and be OK for the next day. Just a though, might help, and a lot less expensive than trying different gloves.

Earl

This is worth a try as I was in the same position with terribly worn grips on the used 1150 GS Adventure I purchased. I bought the 18 rib BMW grip from Chicago BMW ($8.00 each) and carefully mounted them on the heated grips for my bike. The diameter is considerably larger and the tingling in my fingers has vanished. I also wear the Olympia gel glove in warm weather and feel they do a great job.

Back