• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Boot shopping

kantuckid

I am in the process of comparing Oxtar Matrix boots to Gaerne Movie boots, not in person, so I'd like to hear from others that have had either or both boots. I usually wear 8.5W or 9D mens& cannot try them on locally. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Oxtar is now TCX in the US

I have worn Oxtar Matrix boots for four years. They are great boots for all-day comfort. The break-in period is very short. I would still be wearing my first pair except one of the zippers blew out. So I ordered another pair. I like the Gore-Tex lining, it really works. The boots aren't too hot in the summer, but won't compare to some of the ventilated models now available.

I bought both pairs from New Enough in Texas. They now stock the TCX line. I've been really happy with their prices as well as their service.

I have worn Oxtar Matrix boots for four years. They are great boots for all-day comfort. The break-in period is very short. I would still be wearing my first pair except one of the zippers blew out. So I ordered another pair. I like the Gore-Tex lining, it really works. The boots aren't too hot in the summer, but won't compare to some of the ventilated models now available.

I bought both pairs from New Enough in Texas. They now stock the TCX line. I've been really happy with their prices as well as their service.

Same here. I have owned a pair of Oxtar Matrix boots that I bought from Newenough three years ago. I love them. Completely waterproof without being too heavy or too hot. They saved my left ankle form being broken in a crash two years ago.

Wide foot fits Oxtar Matrix2

If you don't have a wide, thick, "meaty" foot, the Oxtar (TCX now) isn't the right boot for you. It's a very generous fit and I've been able to fit guys who thought they couldn't wear motorcycle boots into it.

Not sure about the Gaerne. New Rev'it boots are great for those of us with lower volume feet. BMW ProTouring is my current favorite if money isn't a problem.

Howard
Apparel Manager, Bob's BMW

Two Pair Oxtars

I have two pair of the Oxtars, one all leather and one with the nylon inserts. Both have been tremendous wearing boots for me. Prior to these I had the BMW boots that Oxtar look like. To repeat here, I have what are considered med to narrow width feet and these boots fit fine and are comfortable for hiking quite a ways too. I like to see things from up close, not just from the saddle of the bike.
I too have dealt with New Enough and highly recommend them.

Only negative comment. I don't think they polish up as easy.????????

Back