• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

anyone go to the 49er rally this past weekend?

Anyway, we managed to stay dry and not get all bummed out because of the bad roads and stuff and made it back for bread an water for dinner. As you can see, Rhys and Greg could hardly manage to force the stuff down. I almost had to go back for seconds it was so bad.

4697297-M.jpg

And Sam Buca had some aftermath from the flaming sambuca shots. He burned his lip. He used to be called aker, but now he's Sam Buca since he brought the stuff.

4697309-M.jpg

Ricardo Kuhn was there installing Ricky Bars all weekend. He seemed busy and happy. He also ran the English Trials, which were awesome.

4697319-M.jpg

Sunday was English Trials. Think of doing trials on a GS. That's what it was. Beats the heck out of a weenie bite contest.

4713888-M.jpg

Those wacky German engineers thought of everything when they built those F650CSs. It even has a drain to get the water out!

4713905-M.jpg

Kbasa
Nice party... Errrr Uh.. Ride report..:brow

Looks like a grand time, have to add that to the next year rally list

Garsh...nice job, kbasa. I'm not sure there's too much I can add. It was a great time with beer, motorcycles, friends, beer, camping, beer, food, and beer. :thumb

That new 12GS of kbasa's makes an excellent beer coaster.
4740636-L.jpg

For such an unruly group, we sure had good parking manners, huh? :p
4740694-M.jpg

Digicams were everywhere...
4740739-M.jpg

Who needs an expensive tankbag, when you've got duct tape?
4740772-L.jpg

Who needs a sidestand, when you've got big rocks nearby?
4740860-L.jpg

When drinking beer, it's important to wear all the gear all the time (ATGATT).
4740980-L.jpg

As usual, the Concours d'Everybody drew out a bunch of nice looking bikes, including the RT of your's truly (I have no idea why, but it was there).
4740903-M.jpg

4740897-M.jpg

One of the highlights of the rally was the poker run, which ran us through some spectacular backroads and single-lane twisties.
4740867-M.jpg

Overall, everyone had a great time. Well done, Norcal BMW!
:clap

so i was being a weasel. i love the contrast of this site to the advrider site, and i wanted to see how the same event would be represented on both boards.

what i like about it is how it's like this is the sedate, mature, grown-up board, and advrider is the board with our friends. let me explain...

i go out with my friends, we drink, we do all sorts of insane stuff all weekend. when i get to work monday, a peer asks how it was. i tell all, we laugh, it's crazy etc. then later i talk to my mom and she asks how the weekend was. i say, 'oh it was fun. we had a few beers and camped. there was great scenery and good weather.' and i leave out all the really wild stuff. like R vs PG i guess.

different norms on each board, it's fun to see how people interact differently.

Well, i certainly had a great time and i didn't drink,
fall down or smoke cigars...but i wanted to :)

You can find some more pix here.

Ian

Back