• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vermont Ride

Greetings All !

We're planning a tour through NY and some of VT. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on VT Highway 12 & 12A from Montpelier to Bethel ? We'd be riding two-up. I used to live in Northfield for a litttle bit back in the very early 1980s so I was curious to see how things have changed.

Right now, the VT plan is to ride the north ferry from Plattsburgh to Burlington, north on I-89 to VT104/104A to VT15 to VT100 near Morristown. Continue Hwy 100 to Killington, then RT4 back into NY.

We have one rider that's rather inexperienced at two-up.

Route looks just fine. All roads in Vermont are scenic and the gas is the cheapest in New England.

When will you bed in Vermont because ...

Green Mountain Rally
September 12-14, 2008
Camp Silver Towers off the Middlebury Gap Road (Rt 125)
Ripton, VT

Would love to have you there.

Thanks for the reply.

We're head up that way 9-Oct thru 11-Oct. Looks like we'll the Rally. I'll have to mention it to the group for planning next year.

Both 12 and 12A are scenic, but a bit rough. I'd say 12A is a little worse. Rt. 14 on the other side of 89 is probably the smoothest of the three, but of course won't take you through Northfied. Hope you have better weather than today!

Thanks !

My memories of 12/12A, they are paved goat paths along the river. Scenic but lots of off cambered curves and drop-offs without guard rails, if things haven't changed much.

I appreciate the feedback.

You might want to include the new MOA event at Hunter Mountain, in the Catskill Mountains of New York, during the first weekend of October.

Josh

Sounds like a great route, you'll be going by Emerson Motor Works in Rocheter, VT on Rte 100, if you like cool airhead beemers it's definitely worth a stop by.

If you need any advice on the Burlington area; where to sleep, eat, etc. let me know

Back