• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vern Worldbeater Panniers

geobeemer

Extra pieces?
Good afternoon/morning to all. I have been doing the never ending quest for panniers just like so many of you have done in the past. We all know the popular ones that have been discussed so many times here.

During my search for information I found Vern Worldbeater Panniers (http://www.projectvnd.com/index.htm). His cost is similar to most of the top end models and seem very well made.

So, my question is have you ever seen these panniers in person and what kind of drawback do you see in them. Some people will say one drawback is that they cannot be removed quickly. I have contemplated this and have decided that I would like a set of panniers to stay with the bike at all times, crash, hotel night etc. This works for me but not for some and I understand this so no need to debate this part.

I have been emailing with Vern and he seems like a really good guy to work with, just like other posts that I have seen elsewhere on the net.

Thoughts?

Ordered

Well, I thought I was going to get a few more responses than 0 :ear . After talking to Vern and doing some additional research I purchased the panniers. I should have them within the next couple weeks and will take photo's of the install process.

Good:)

Panniers make the day, when either traveling or just running errands around local. I've had Jesse's for years and years and love them and they generally stay on the bike 99% of the time too. They come off to wash the bike and thats about it. Your pick in panniers should do you very well too, so happy trails and ride on! Don't turn back, Randy"Polarbear"PS; I even grocery shop now, with my GSA and its giant panniers, as they carry a lot of grub:). Gas is over the top for me and the bike fills the void nicely. :clap

Width and Bags

Thanks guys for the responses. The total width is actually 3/8 in less than the stock panniers. I was thinking about bags to put inside as well but of course no one over here makes them. I may have to find someone who can create a pattern and sew them for me. It can't be that hard right :doh

Once the bags come in I will post some photos of the packaging and install.

Vern Worldbeater Panniers - With Photo's

Imagine my surprise when the my new panniers from ProjectVND showed up on a Friday afternoon:dance

I took photo's all the way through the process for your viewing pleasure. Since I can't seem to upload photo's very well please go to this link to view the photo's: http://tinyurl.com/5a4yq8

A couple notes:
* Each pannier weights an amazing ~8-9 lbs.
* The packing was incredible! Total weight shipped ~47 lbs.
* The cardboard alone weights in at over 16 lbs.
* All hardware is Stainless Steel
* All brackets fit exactly! Really an amazing feat for a hand made unit.
* I had to drill new holes and move my rear reflector bracket down 3/4". Seems most people remove the reflectors anyways but I had my LED brake lights mounted to it.
* Tools required: 5mm and 6mm allen, 19 mm wrench, philips screwdriver, 13mm wrench

I also took the bike for a bumpy ride and I did not hear anything rattle so all must be good. BTW, these things are huge inside!!

Last edited:
Back