• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fork Spring Replacement Interval

cuervo

I'm still a few months away, but this fall I'll be replacing my steering bearing. Since the whole front end will have to be removed, I'm trying to think of other things to do at the same time. I'm already looking at bar backs and I started thinking about the fork springs.

Is there any standard time/mileage interval for replacing fork springs or are they life-time products? I put in Progressive springs about 7 years and 50k miles ago. They feel fine but that is the kind of thing that could degrade slowly over time and not really be noticed.

Any thoughts?

For the stock springs, BMW specifies a minimum length. I'm not sure about the Progressives. YOu may want to see if they have a similar measurement.

Hmmm....
Good question, Progressive's website only says they'll warranty the springs for life. I wonder what would happen if you sent them a pair and asked for new ones 'cause the old set wasn't "springy" enough.

Steve

Back