• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

announced location?

Johnson City, TN. NE Corner, western side of the Appalachian Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway, etx. More trees than Gillette, lotsa twisty roads... and 'sweet tea'.

maybe later

when it comes back to the west coast, I'll put it on my schedule. Maybe when I retire............:deal

The Appalachian Fairgrounds appears to be in Gray, TN. Are we just referring to the nearest big town?

from the info that was handed out in Gillette, Johnson City is the "host area" and the Appalachain fair grounds is the "host facility"

Fantastic News!

I just got back from 10 days of riding down there. Actually it was 8 because my riding partner got bit by the Dragon. Last 2 days in a U-haul rental truck.

Sorry to digress.. That part of the country is absolutely beautiful and yes they have lots of SWEET TEA:clap

You guys just made my day.:bikes

The fair ground address is Gray, TN. So it's Gray!! I know only 4-5 miles apart, but the mailing address and google map place it in Gray, not Johnson City. :deal

Why ???:confused:

Chas

The fair ground address is Gray, TN. So it's Gray!! I know only 4-5 miles apart, but the mailing address and google map place it in Gray, not Johnson City. :deal

Why ???:confused:

Chas

Johnson City, Kingsport and Bristol are close together and the reason it is called the Tri-Cities. However, there are a lot of small towns between them such as Gray, Bluff City, Piney Flats, etc. that have their own local government and post offices. The fairground just happens to be in Gray. People in East Tennessee are an independent bunch and they would never consider having their little towns absorbed into the surrounding cities.

The fairground just happens to be in Gray. People in East Tennessee are an independent bunch and they would never consider having their little towns absorbed into the surrounding cities.

Kind of what I was thinking. Before we commit an inadvertent slight of the town in which the 2009 rally will actually be located, we may want to be sure the good people of Gray are OK with advertising the rally as being in Johnson City.

Gray or Johnson City, Who cares. It's the MOA Rally in a great location with fantastic riding and I'm going.

Someone knows we all want to go.

Fantastic, Now I can go to one of these things Ill start planning now!! wo wo wo :buds :buds :buds :clap :clap :eat :bolt :bolt :bikes :bar :boldpurpl :boldpurpl :boldpurpl :beer :beer :bar

geez the closest super 8 is already full. good thing there's 3 of them within like 15 miles :)

I believe that is the case. Best to check with the MOA officials.

To be completely correct, the fair ground is physically located in Gray, TN. We are using Johnson City to make it a little easier for folks to know where the location is geographically.

I can assure everyone that the fine citizens of Gray are in fact OK with us calling it Johnson City. Also we have received tremendous support from the Johnson City Chamber with hotels and all other arrangements.

As Gator stated Gray, Johnson City it really doesn't matter. Make plans to join us for some good ole Mountain Magic...Southern Style! :D

Vance Harrelson
2009 Rally Chair

If your moteling it I would book ASAP.
My prediction is this will be the biggest national ever.
Probably in excess of 10K .

Back