• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pine Sap on Tent

gsjay

I camped this weekend under a bunch of Pine trees and now my tent has Pine Sap all over it.

Anyone got an idea of how to remove the SAP?

jason

try spraying some Deep Woods OFF! on a spot and lightly rub the sap off. Normally takes it right off cloth but you should try this cautiously on tent material.

I used a very mild solution of Simple Green and water to remove pine sapo from my bike and Jeep. No scrubbing and it cleaned right up.

try spraying some Deep Woods OFF! on a spot and lightly rub the sap off. Normally takes it right off cloth but you should try this cautiously on tent material.

Works pretty good...........
thanks,
Jason
might try the simple green next time.

Wd 40

I had some goo on my old tent trailer. I hadn't used it in 3 years, and it wouldn't come off with scrubbing, simple green, anything. Then I remembered parking under some pines a few years back ... and it had to be pine sap. I squirted the WD-40 on it and off it came. Make sure the tent fabric can handle it.

White Naptha, works great (don't rub hard or youll go up in flames):buds

Removing tree sap

I successfully use Murphy Oil Soap to remove tree sap from our cars and my bike (though the bike is usually not stationary enough to have a tree drop anything on it).

Won't harm ANYTHING, except the dirt or tree sap.

I also use it to "shampoo" the inside of my helmet, leaves a pleasant smell.

Back