• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Gillette Photos 7/19/2008

Some more...

(Edit: GS Event photos moved to own thread)

Somewhere on I-90 before I got very very wet... (Thursday night's storm - I rode though it)
335946105_vyhfW-L.jpg

I found some dryness here and there, good thing I'm not affraid of the dark in the middle of nowhere. :bluduh (Enjoyed a nice Cigar and a fantastic light show while waiting)
335939145_rLBbE-L.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the second thing I'll remember most -

Oh yeah, the second thing I'll remember most - About the 2008 National MOA Rally in Gillette, WY :stick

After 50+ miles in a torrential down pour, scary lightning, hydroplaning on flooded roads while passing semis, and staring intently for mule deer at midnight while riding at max (safe) speed, OK 75-90 :brow :whistle

I pulled into the first hotel after getting gas and my final (IronButt - gas receipt) - NO Vacancy, OK thanks...

In first gear, at 3-5mph I leave the overhead parking area and, and -

GO SIDEWAYS :uhoh

It was still raining. As soon as I started to make this turn, the front wheel went down hill fast like riding on ICE, I goosed it and that only made the back tire catch up to the front wheel which was still sliding down the grade. I had the whole bike going sideways for about five-feet before she went out from under me. All I could do was hold on and keep my legs where they were, on the foot pegs. At full tilt handlebar lock I fell - doing a nice pirouette (unlike Tonya Harding, I had no judges... :stick :laugh )

These were taken on my way out of town when it was dry.
336147815_a33Vd-L.jpg

336147932_tNNWo-L.jpg

Details:
336180658_waP3p-L.jpg

Crashbar:
336148208_85sqX-L.jpg

Different angle:
336148576_X7xZm-L.jpg

I couldn't even pick up the bike the first time, my feet were sliding around like I entered an ice rink with cowboy boots on... I had to slide it almost to the curb. (About where it is now)
336147929_tRwGd-L.jpg

The damage, which isn't bad at all :bluduh (Handlebar endcap, crashbar, engine cover, and leading plastic edge of pannier)
336148565_knDQy-L.jpg

I got it up (Skert method), full tank, fully loaded and said a few four letter words and said what else you got tonight after riding 1066-miles in 17-hours, bring it... :ha

Ah yes!

Highway 14 between Sheridan and Burgess Junction. A week ago when we were there we watched hang glider pilots "jumping" off that very cliff. I saw that the first time in that very spot in 1981.

Yes, Paul and the other one is Hwy 296 north of Cody. (Did this one two-years ago, fun fun), but going up and over Beartooth Hwy (212) was equally as fun. Our very own "Stelvio Pass"!!!
336046041_FKBPf-L.jpg

Back