• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where to shop for WOMEN's motorcycle boots on Lawn Guyland?

PAGoldsby

Not available in stores..
Greetings:

The fabled girlfriend is in Lawn Guyland, New Yawk (Syosset) on business. She's been looking for some motorcycle boots, and had a pair picked out, but turns out they were discontinued. She'd like to go somewhere and try some on. She's looking for a fairly short boot, zip closure, moderately waterproof, heel OK. Is there a BMW MC dealer on the Island? Maybe a *gasp* H-D store?

TIA,
PhilbeRT

Greetings:
Is there a BMW MC dealer on the Island? Maybe a *gasp* H-D store?
TIA,
PhilbeRT

There is a new Beemer shop in New Hyde Park- Goldcoast Motorcycles- 2070 Jericho Turnpike (516)352-7474. There website can be found here.

The next closest BMW shop is in Manhattan:

BMW of Manhattan Motorcycles
555 West 57th Street
212. 373-7863
http://www.bmwbikesnyc.com

There are a ton of Harley dealerships including one in Great Neck-
Miracle Mile Harley-Davidson
215 Northern Blvd. Great Neck NY 11021
Phone: 516.466.8800
http://www.miraclemilehd.com/

And

Lighthouse Harley-Davidson
670 East Jericho Turnpike Huntington Station NY 11746
Phone: (631) 427-0382
http://www.lighthousehd.com

Good Luck!

Thanks very much! I've passed along the information to the fabled girlfriend. I went to the beautiful BMW store in Manhattan last summer. We were staying at the Hilton NYC on 54th, so it was right down the street.

Thanks very much! I've passed along the information to the fabled girlfriend. I went to the beautiful BMW store in Manhattan last summer. We were staying at the Hilton NYC on 54th, so it was right down the street.
:ha Now, you're tawkin like a real New Yawka if you think 54th and 7th is right down the street from 57th and 11th (Most outta-townas groan at the prospect of having to walk 2 blocks here ;)).

Phil, if your fabled girlfriend does come into the city, she should also try the Ducati dealership, Corsa Motors at 6th Ave and Spring Street down in Soho. My wife bought her jacket there and they've got a decent selection of clothes and footwear from what I recall.

:ha Now, you're tawkin like a real New Yawka if you think 54th and 7th is right down the street from 57th and 11th (Most outta-townas groan at the prospect of having to walk 2 blocks here ;)).

Phil, if your fabled girlfriend does come into the city, she should also try the Ducati dealership, Corsa Motors at 6th Ave and Spring Street down in Soho. My wife bought her jacket there and they've got a decent selection of clothes and footwear from what I recall.
I <3 NY! I love being in any kind of "walking" city - Chicago, Boston, Buenos Aires, San Francisco... The day we went to BMWNY was such a great day. Started with Starbucks at the Hilton, walked to BMWNY, then lunch at Carnegie Deli, back to the Hilton in the afternoon for a cocktail and change of clothes, taxi to Staten Island Ferry for a quick round-trip at sunset, then taxi back to Bobby Flay's Bar Americain. After dinner, walked through Times Square, over by Rockefeller Plaza, generally just wandered around. It was just a fantastic day!

Manhattan ain't that big. One could easily walk from the Upper West Side to Battery Park in an afternoon. The problem would be that by the time I'd get there, I'd weigh like 53,961 pounds, because I'd be eating at every cart I encountered!

Kansas City, on the other hand, is not a pedestrian-friendly city. It's just too spread out, and the downtown is not really the center of commerce anymore. I'm fortunate to live in a pretty unique suburban neighborhood where I can walk to the dry cleaners, liquor store, Chinese place, a couple of pizza places, a movie house, a scooter store, a farmer's market on Wednesdays and Saturdays, a couple of great parks, the new community center/pool/gym and a lot more.

The fabled girlfriend is in Lawn Guyland, New Yawk (Syosset) on business.

They do business in Syosset? I grew up in Woodbury, next town over... Went to Syosset High (and came back that way). I heard its grew some but I thought they meant gruesome!
Try to stay on Lawn Guylandt to save a few bucks... NYC is killer.
Try some of the Shopping Mauls too... Some shoe stores carry boots as such requested.

Last edited:
Back