• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looks like, some of you are here!

R

Rharrod

I just took a spin around camplex after work this morning. Looks like some are here. Welcome to Gillette!!!!!!! Yep, that was me on my silver 04 RT. :laugh

It was good to see so many here. Now this is going to be so cool. :thumb :clap

Camp GEARS is up and running.

Field games this afternoon.

Water balloons will feel great!

Voni
sMiling

The rest of us are not far behind..

Randy and friends,

My wife and son came back from Kansas today, and said there was BMW's at every turn (of course I have trained them to be crack shot Beemer identifiers from a mile away)

So I know the world is converging on Gillette from I-90 annd I-80...

The rest to follow, and me at the crack of dawn..

It is getting absoluetly painful to have to wait till tomorrow morning

Better than Christmas morning! I got to"wrap" my own present, my sweet GS!

See you all there Thursday afternoon!

Dale

I spent the day riding around the northern Hills today and there are LOTS of BMW's around already.

I got behind a guy on a new RT coming south out of Deadwood on my way back to where I'm staying and I made it down to Pactola Reservoir in record time. There must be something wrong with my GPS because the max speed is showing 95.5.:hide

I saw this camo GS at Sturgis BMW yesterday.

Barry

332678363_hwyft-L.jpg

Camp GEARS is up and running.

Field games this afternoon.

Water balloons will feel great!

Voni
sMiling
Hey Voni :wave

Did the Camp GEARS T-shirts come out ok and did they ever get a few RED ones made for you?

Enjoy the Rally! Wish I was there. :)

So, you guys all traveled all that distance just to post on the forum??? :stick

Just Kidding!!! Have fun and keep sharing with us poor folks stuck in offices back home some of the good times you're havin'!

RM

this thread is useless with pic's!

Sunny, nice breeze, moderate temperatures, and lots of people here. The ride from Spearfish this morning was . . . . brisk. I've now been in Wyoming for about two weeks and have enjoyed every minute of it. I've done most of the passes and had a heck of a time. Now, after about 6,000 miles since mid June, I'm ready for even more fun. Let the party begin!

Muriel

Rally Pic........

I pulled in about two P.M., beautiful weather and about 2,000 people on site.

I'm not sure where the guy is that owns this "Ms. Kitty" tent but I'd say he must be pretty secure in his masculinity!

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSC01206.JPG
    DSC01206.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 297
I remember seeing that tent last year at the West Bend, Wisconsin rally. It also had a bunch of stuff animals in it!

I'm not sure where the guy is that owns this "Ms. Kitty" tent but I'd say he must be pretty secure in his masculinity!

Cheers!

Don't worry; it belongs to a female BMW rider. :)

Last I knew, she rode an Airhead; black with pink pinstripes...

Cheers!

That's Elizabeth's tent, I think.
Mandy, confirm?

Things are going well on the Gillette trip.

The first day I turned on the 4-way flashers and could not turn them off. Finally after an hour of driving I had to remove the flasher module and plug it in again. That took care of it. I wonÔÇÖt turn them on again.

Was also dripping a little oil. Had to tighten the chrome valve covers and that took care of this issue.

South Dakota is nothing but grass (few trees). I can see why there were millions of buffalo. Not much traffic on I-90 West bound ($4.00 a gallon make that no surprise)

I had a flat today. Go figure!!! New Metzler tires and picked up a screw.

Made it to a gas station with free air (How unusual is that?) and a friendly Gold-Wing owner had a tire repair plugging kit. He fixed it and we are on are away again. I donÔÇÖt go much faster than 65 MPH so I suspect the plug will be OK, it does not leak.

None the less, while it has been challenging, it so far has been a cool trip and the BMW R1100RT is fun to ride.

Hey Voni :wave

Did the Camp GEARS T-shirts come out ok and did they ever get a few RED ones made for you?

Enjoy the Rally! Wish I was there. :)

Sure did!! Mine in RED is the best but the young riders look way cool in blue!

Thanks!

Voni
sMiling

:dance :dance :dance

Back