• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ear Plugs - Discuss.

I ordered these and they work well. They are certainly the most comfortable earplugs I've ever worn, and I've tried a lot in different plant environments. When they get hot, though, they're almost too squishy and sometimes leave a little blue residue in my ears. Worth the tradeoff for the comfort and effectiveness, IMO. I bought a 20 pack of these and still haven't "worn out" the first pair. Wash under hot water.

Do you like them better then the Hearos? I have tiny ear canals so they need to be soft enough like the Hearos for me to get the plugs in to where they will seal in my ear.

There are a lot of different types- some catalogs and distributors even sell variety packs so you can find the best fit for you. I buy the EAR Classics (yellow foam cylinders) - you can get a case of 200 packs for under thirty bucks.

For me, the lower noise level makes for a lot more relaxing trip - I'm more relaxed and alert, especially on a longish day - your mileage may vary...

I also use the Ear Classics, and find them comfortable after a couple of minutes.

I second the relaxing part about riding with ear plugs, at the end of the day, I'm not as tired..........Rod.

Back