• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

TourMaster Jacket

zigzag

Recently bought a TourMaster Transition 2 jacket was wondering if anyone has used one of these on long trips in the summer? Also have a FirstGear mesh jacket but would prefer to just take one.Am leaving for NS Car and Va on the 26th for about a week just want to be comfortable. Any thoughts? Thanks:ear

transition II by tourmaster

I have the same jacket and think since your going to be where it's very warm you'll still want your mesh jacket also. The vents do help some but not as much as you'd think by looking at them. I ride an LT so maybe if your ride provides less wind protection than my bike you may find the venting to be more effective than I have. On the plus side I have been very happy with how dry I stay in the rain with this jacket. Hope this helps

Toooooooooo hot

I have the same Transition II jacket and I ride an RT. This jacket is great for spring and fall, but the vents seem ineffective.

I have a Tourmaster Flex II jacket. It has a waterproof shell that zips off to reveal a mesh jacket.

I am on the way to Gillette right now, in a motel room in Elko, NV. It has been in the high 90s all day and the mesh jacket has been a godsend. If it gets cold or rainy in the Rockies, I can just zip the shell back on, and I know from a trip last fall to AZ and NM that it will keep me warm into the 50s.

BTW, I ride an R1200ST.

Cathy and I each bought Transition II jackets this Spring.

I use mine all the time- the RS is my only transportation during the Summer.

The venting system works pretty well for me. With the RS in stock form the shoulder vents catch good air flow and ventilate me pretty well into the 90's. But I have a pretty tall torso and am above the RS fairing by a bit. I also leave the velcro sleeve ends pretty loose on hot days and get some circulation up my arms.

If we ride with the Aeroflow (see attached picture of us visiting friends), I open it up more, have the main zipper halfway down and will still be comfortable in hot temps.

But as they say, "your results may vary" (don't know what you ride). Have a great trip!

2523701151_a7959887f3.jpg

John

TourMaster

Thanks all for the info looks like I will be taking both jackets. will be riding a 1200RT,hate to get overheated and ruin my trip.:ear

Back