• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bohn Body Armor

D

david46

I am trying to find a cool (summer riding) full riding pant. I have a pair of Joe Rocket riding pants,but they are very hot. My question is the Bohn armored pants with a kevlar jeans. Has anyone tried this combination? Thanks.

Thanks for Motoport site. Question,...... are any of your friends using this brand of equipment? I like the looks of the Aerostich and Motoport but what about quality. I will always try not to buy anything made in China if possible!

Thanks for Motoport site. Question,...... are any of your friends using this brand of equipment? I like the looks of the Aerostich and Motoport but what about quality. I will always try not to buy anything made in China if possible!

I can't help you with Motoport's mesh gear but I do own a stretch Kevlar two-piece suit. Quality is top-notch in my opinion. Perfect seams, heavy duty zippers, heavy duty Velcro, etc.

The stretch material and the armor they use are extremely comfortable. With the liners out, I totally forget that I'm even wearing the suit. I had them make my suit close fitting so when I put the liners in the suit is somewhat restrictive. However, since I only use the liners 10% of the time, I don't mind because the suit fits me so well when they're not installed.

I have ridden in temperatures ranging from 32 to 105 degrees (F). The stretch material does get sweaty when the temps get into the 90's but that is to be expected. As long as you are moving it is very bearable.

I can definitely recommend Motoport. Luckily I have not tested it's crash worthiness but all of the reports I have read are very positive. If nothing else, being wrapped in Kevlar and having 65% armor coverage gives me peace of mind.

Motoport gear is made in California by the way.

+1

I've been riding in a kevlar suit from Motoport for about a year now. High quality, should be very "safe", and comfortable in warm weather.

I actually count on sweating a little in the suit in 90+ temps because that gives the wind something to evaporate. Some pour water onto the front of the suit.

Another great feature is: you can toss it into the washer and take it out looking like new. I took a riding course this spring after washing the suit. The instructor actually said, "let's see if we can mess up Alex's new suit." He was amazed when I told him that I had just under 15K miles on it.

+1
Another great feature is: you can toss it into the washer and take it out looking like new. I took a riding course this spring after washing the suit. The instructor actually said, "let's see if we can mess up Alex's new suit." He was amazed when I told him that I had just under 15K miles on it.

+1 on the ability to wash it.

I can't believe I forgot to mention that since I just washed it three weeks ago after 10k miles. As you said, it comes out just like new.

Back