• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

bang your knee

R75rider

So what do you seasoned k riders with long legs do to your K100 to get your knees off the fairing? Mine are constantly rubbing and I doubt I could take it on a long ride.

I ride a 87K100RT, I'm 6'2'' so my knees also hit the fairing edge. I have a Corbin gunfigher seat cut back 2'', which helps alot, but still does not totally solve the problem. I ride with my knees outside the fairing much of the time. There my not be a good solution this side of taking a hacksaw to it, which I have seen done.

Hacksaw? I was hopeing that someone knew of some peg repositioners or something to address the problem.

Knees?

Randy,

Yep, the hacksaw does work (at least for me) but doesn't do a lot for the resale value in some cases (the "current owner" told me yesterday that he was considering "un-cutting" the fairing with new parts). Another thing I did was to take my Corbin seat and have it "re-cut" to move me back about two more inches. That made the most difference.

My next step was to get a "newer" '93 K LT.

Don

Had the same problem on my new LT ('93). I had a seat made that pushed me back a few inches. It makes a world of difference.
Mark

Fairing/pegs/seal

I have a 93 K1100LT.
I also had the seat rebuilt (Day Long) and adjusted back which helped. I also installed the hi-way pegs that go into the same recess as the top bolt of the roll bar/engine guards. As illustrated in Bob's BMW web site and they really helped by giving me a second and third position for the legs.
I would be interested in a way to esthetically miter the top and lower fairings "in" so as to not take away from the upper fairing "protection".
Am I making any sense?
Fernando

Back