• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Getting gear to the North Forty

Mar

I think I read somewhere that cars are not allowed on the rally grounds at all. Good idea.

But... I have to come by car this year with non-riding hubby in tow. Is there a parking lot near the North Forty or do we have to park near Rally Central and carry our gear to the North Forty? I don't see parking indicated there on the Cam-plex map.

If there's not a parking lot near the North Forty, how high is the fence? Can gear be handed over the fence if we park temporarily along Fox Park Road for that purpose?

Or maybe it's not really that far from the parking near the grandstand to the North Forty?

I know... you're saying suck it up and carry the gear you weenie.

I think I read somewhere that cars are not allowed on the rally grounds at all. Good idea.

But... I have to come by car this year with non-riding hubby in tow. Is there a parking lot near the North Forty or do we have to park near Rally Central and carry our gear to the North Forty? I don't see parking indicated there on the Cam-plex map.

If there's not a parking lot near the North Forty, how high is the fence? Can gear be handed over the fence if we park temporarily along Fox Park Road for that purpose?

Or maybe it's not really that far from the parking near the grandstand to the North Forty?

I know... you're saying suck it up and carry the gear you weenie.

The North Forty is a little hike from Rally Central. (there is also camping in Rally Central).

When are you arriving???? There will be shuttles during prime rally time.

There is no parking for cars? How does one get there from their hotel, if staying at one after flying in?

The North Forty is a little hike from Rally Central. (there is also camping in Rally Central).

When are you arriving???? There will be shuttles during prime rally time.

Worse come to worst, she could proably also get some friendly rally-goer to help. maybe someone who has already emptied their hardbags and wouldn't mind shuttling stuff. Especially if beer is promised. :laugh

There is no parking for cars? How does one get there from their hotel, if staying at one after flying in?

I know someone answered on the other thread.....but there WILL be parking at the rallygrounds, just not IN rally Central. We want to avoid 2 wheels dodging 4 wheels.

See you there!!

Karol,

I am in the same position as Marilyn, bringing a non-riding guest, portable shade, etc., so I have a suggestion. Maybe someone from Security could drive or ride with us to the site, wait while we throw everything out on the ground, and then ride with us back to a safe parking place in the lot. It would only take ten minutes and save a lot of grief.

Don Sprinkle

RV's!

Will the RV folks have auto access, in and out of the RV areas during the rally? If so, maybe the car camper folks can access the camping that way. I remember a few National Rallies where RV's had very nearby areas to all of us in tents and it worked pretty good. Why would a car camper not have this access? At least(maybe) they could get close enough to unload their gear, within reason and not become a hazard to bikes in rally central. Just a thought that may or may not have merit:). Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear":usa

Will the RV folks have auto access, in and out of the RV areas during the rally? If so, maybe the car camper folks can access the camping that way. I remember a few National Rallies where RV's had very nearby areas to all of us in tents and it worked pretty good. Why would a car camper not have this access? At least(maybe) they could get close enough to unload their gear, within reason and not become a hazard to bikes in rally central. Just a thought that may or may not have merit:). Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear":usa

That's why we're all getting there early. :dance There is a side entrance in the North Forty for the RV overflow. We may be able to work things out. That's why there's set-up....so please have patience as we work through it.:help

14 days and counting.....

Once we get there..we may decide cars are o.k. in the North Forty (if you're camping), but not in rally central where there will be more bike movement. That might be easier than trying to schlep everybody's gear there :brad

Check at registration when you check-in...

Back