Thread: Autocom with Serius radio How can I get more volume?

Autocom with Serius radio How can I get more volume?

Any suggestions for an amplifier ? I'm running an autocom (active plus) with a zumo gps and serius radio. Need more volume as I wear earplugs.
    Thanks
    "The Brave Don't Live Forever But The Timid Don't Live At All"

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Any suggestions for an amplifier ? I'm running an autocom (active plus) with a zumo gps and serius radio. Need more volume as I wear earplugs.
    Thanks
    There are several options. I personally use the Amplirider (google it) and am satisfied with it, and especially with the maker's customer service. Mine is mounted on the blank radio panel on the left side of the RT fairing.

There's another product, Mix-It, which I know nothing about. I notice Aerostich has them on sale.

There's a third product popular with a lot of riders, but I can't remember the name.

Here's a clickable photo of the Amplirider installed. The volume unit is underneath; the rest of the unit, with input/outputs, is under the seat; plenty of wire to run it where you want.

I use a Mix-It with my AutoCom, and it works great. You can run it off a 9 volt battery, or use your bike's power.

Jim

Thanks I'll give aerostich a call tomorrow. I also saw that ( mix-it ) on cycle gadgets website. I app.reciate the help
    "The Brave Don't Live Forever But The Timid Don't Live At All"

Mongo
    I use a boostaroo and I have been happy with it. I picked mine up on Ebay for short money.

I have the Amplirider, or Pocket Amp. It uses two AAA batteries, rechargeable, which the pocket amp comes with the AC plug to do so. Volume is LOUD in my custom molded sound monitors. I have a SkyFi2.

Just a thought, the Sirius unit has a volume control built into it. It's one of the settings in a menu. Is it up all the way? That may get you the audio gain you need with out spending $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    XMA3 from tessaract.

http://www.tesseractcorp.com/

Terrific sound, but I wish the Autocom speakers didn't suck so badly.
    I won't get my autocom installed till the middle of August. So I have the dumb question of the day, since the speakers "suck" so badly, has anyone replaced them with different (better, less sucky) speakers and wish to share what kind, price, where to buy them etc?

I hope I'm not the only one who would be interested in this info.
    Ride Well

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    I moved to custom ear plugs with Big Ear for rides of any distance. Left the autocom ear speakers in the helmet for use around town.

+1000 on Amplirider. I've installed over a dozen and it's a great device...All for $65!!!
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello

jcridge
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    I won't get my autocom installed till the middle of August. So I have the dumb question of the day, since the speakers "suck" so badly, has anyone replaced them with different (better, less sucky) speakers and wish to share what kind, price, where to buy them etc?

I ride using an Autocom Pro with helmet speakers and and ear plugs while listening to Floyd. It's pretty good when you think about all the other noise that is competing with the music. Earphones would be the ultimate solution to high quality music at a reasonable volume level. IMHO The Autocom speakers on the Pro system are high quality and very thin. Any thicker and you would run into contact issues with your ears. I doubt if you could find a speaker that would have the dynamics and size that the current Autocom speakers have in a size that would fit inside a properly fitted helmet.

Although I like the speakers with my Autocom, I'm currently looking to purchase earphones for better quality sound from my MP3 and cell phone at higher speeds.

2 cents