• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fun Rally Preparations

RJM2096

Went to Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday and started stocking up for the trip.

Bought a 2 Person Coleman tent.

Blow up mattress and battery powered pump.

Blanket

Compressable pillow

Rain Suite

First aid kit

This is fun, it panders to my hunter-gather instincts from my ancestors.

MastodonHunt.jpg

Any one know of a small fold up stool or seat to sit on? :blah

Any one have any other essentials they bring with them?

Just ordered one of these for my trip to the Rally:

ULC.jpg

Expensive but cheaper than the motel price gouging that is going on around Wyoming (gas well boom). This should work well with my Big Agnes sleeping bag and Air Core mattress to make for a good night's sleep (along with a set of ear plugs ;) )

And went to the Coleman Outlet Store and loaded up on a bunch of cheapie stuff sacks, pack towel, etc. for loading into the Jesse's. Just have to figure out a way to carry my camera gear by mid July.

I am wondering whether I should buy one of these, to complete the camping package:

1441147.jpg

Might not be much in the way of shade trees on the high Wyoming plains.

those shade thingys are great. i have one that i used to use to take to the beach before (no shade trees there at all!) and it saved my bacon. and i had a crappy ll bean one - the kelty one looks awesome.

Bigger bike:)

Too much gear, get a bigger BMW bike too:). Pack it all, baby and be comfy:). Stoves are cool, for making your own coffee, etc or quick hot snacks. I always carry mine. Jet Boil and/or Coleman Peak Multi fuel! Sometimes both go, if my wife rides her bike and we cook bigtime with two stoves. Don't forget a ground tarp for the tent,etcetc. GOOD tent pegs are worthy investment too. Windy? They hold! And last, a driver for the pegs, like a mini hatchet/hammer, etc. Camp well, Randy"Polarbear"

Too much gear, get a bigger BMW bike too. Pack it all, baby and be comfy.

You could always ship ahead.

NEED TO SHIP?

How do I ship my gear to the Rally?
Packages will not be accepted before July 7th.

Send your shipments to:

YOUR NAME
C/O BMW Rally
Cam-Plex Event Center
1635 Reata Drive

Too much gear, get a bigger BMW bike too:). Pack it all, baby and be comfy:). Stoves are cool, for making your own coffee, etc or quick hot snacks. I always carry mine. Jet Boil and/or Coleman Peak Multi fuel! Sometimes both go, if my wife rides her bike and we cook bigtime with two stoves. Don't forget a ground tarp for the tent,etcetc. GOOD tent pegs are worthy investment too. Windy? They hold! And last, a driver for the pegs, like a mini hatchet/hammer, etc. Camp well, Randy"Polarbear"

Your of like mind! I always bring the SVEA white gas along with the coleman and a role of heavy duty foil and wa-la!! Instant cookstove in the elements capable of simmering the best chow!

I like to be comfortable when camping at a Rally or not! I think it comes from years of crawling up mountains with a pac on my back; now that I have more room and more horsepower it's darn amazing what you can bring!

Just ordered one of these for my trip to the Rally:

ULC.jpg

Expensive but cheaper than the motel price gouging that is going on around Wyoming (gas well boom). This should work well with my Big Agnes sleeping bag and Air Core mattress to make for a good night's sleep (along with a set of ear plugs ;) )

And went to the Coleman Outlet Store and loaded up on a bunch of cheapie stuff sacks, pack towel, etc. for loading into the Jesse's. Just have to figure out a way to carry my camera gear by mid July.

I am wondering whether I should buy one of these, to complete the camping package:

1441147.jpg

Might not be much in the way of shade trees on the high Wyoming plains.

I have the cot and used it last week at the RA in the U.P. I use it with my thermarest and sleep very well.
I also bought the Kilty Shade fly. I didn't have the right poles so I wasn't able to put it to a proper test, but another camper accross from me had one and had trouble keeping his from falling over in the wind. Might be a bit of a problem in Gillette?

It's from the Aerostitch catalog, and breaks down to a small package for travel. Light as a feather too.

The original purveyor, and the place where I got mine, is from the Luxury Lite web site. They shipped so fast it was frightening. I always like to buy from the folks who went to all the effort to invent (or acquire and market) the thing in the first place. I'm still a little miffed at Aerostitch for their "bait and switch" sales tactics. They are a reseller for this and get the cot from the manufacturer, Luxury Lite, as they do with many of their items, which are never credited to the manufacturer they get it from. Nuthin' illegal about that, I just prefer to buy from the source... YMMV.

www.luxurylite.com

They sell a couple of other items for the cot. Like I said, almost immediate shipment too. Mine will be here on Tuesday and I'll let y'all know what I think of it. I'm a side sleeper and a couple years above the average age of the BMW rider, so I need more comfort than just a Thermarest. I've been very happy with a Big Agnes bag, which has an integrated sleeve on the bottom for the BA Air Core air mattress. Works great, but I'm hoping this works even better.

I have the cot and used it last week at the RA in the U.P. I use it with my thermarest and sleep very well.
I also bought the Kilty Shade fly. I didn't have the right poles so I wasn't able to put it to a proper test, but another camper accross from me had one and had trouble keeping his from falling over in the wind. Might be a bit of a problem in Gillette?

Wyoming IS windy... lived there for 29 years, still work there (and it's still windy) and I think I will skip the shade awning and just go with one of these.

1075355_DrqrJ

Back