• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Painting BMW hard bags

Sorry , but I couldn't find the thread about painting your hardshell bags. So I'll put my 2cents in. I have a 98 r1100gs and painted my bags yesterday. No they don't look brand new, but real close to new. the color matched perfect. I bought the paint at Menards.

Krylon fusion for plastic/ color Satin.

1. lightly sand scratches with a fine sand paper
2. wipe cases down with paint thinner to get all the polish off
3. tape over the reflector and logo ( I used some leftover green masking tape)
4. this stuff drys in about 15 minutes. I gave 30 minutes between coats.
5. one can was enough for 3 coats on both cases. Leave the cases closed and paint the complete case.

I was very happy with the results.

Hi, Thanks for the description and step-by-step. Have any photos to post?

I just purchased a used Corbin from a member of this forum and it should be here tomorrow. I thought it was time to clean up the "big red" thus I painted the panners. I will take a picuture and post it than. Meantime here is a picture of my 1993 K75 that still has a place in my heart. What a sweet machine and for my money the greatest looking gas tank BMW ever made ( oooops I'll probably get beat up on that statement)

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 814
I just purchased a used Corbin from a member of this forum and it should be here tomorrow. I thought it was time to clean up the "big red" thus I painted the panners. I will take a picuture and post it than. Meantime here is a picture of my 1993 K75 that still has a place in my heart. What a sweet machine and for my money the greatest looking gas tank BMW ever made ( oooops I'll probably get beat up on that statement)
Why, with my microscope and magnifying glass I can just make out one hell of a beautiful machine! :laugh :laugh

Seriously, that looks like a great machine and I agree with you about the tank (and no you won't get beat up)

A buddy of mine repainted his RS, and painted the luggage lids to match. It looks great in person:
2190917986_cfbfbfc9e8_b.jpg

I just purchased a used Corbin from a member of this forum and it should be here tomo

My new used Corbin arrived so here are the pictures of my paint job and Corbin. If you have a show bike forget it, have a pro do it. It was just starting to rain when I took these pictures about 30 minutes ago.

Max/Michigan

Attachments

• new corbin 005.jpg
    new corbin 005.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 771
I just purchased a used Corbin from a member of this forum and it should be here tomo

Here's the other side

Attachments

• new corbin 006.jpg
    new corbin 006.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 771
pictures

Christopher Ross
Texas
IBA, MOA, RA
http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealross/

Hello Chris, your the man ! I stayed up into the wee hours in the morning looking at your pictures. You do it all, I am so impressed. thank you for sharing and others who are reading this, don't miss looking at his photos.

thanks
Max

Back