• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beartooth open and beautiful.......

bigskyrider

I live about one hour outside of Red Lodge and went up the Beartooth today.
The temp. in Red Lodge was 89 degrees and up at the top it was a crisp 48 degrees with the wildflowers just starting to pop.

Cheers!

Mike

P.S. just a few pot holes to keep an eye on.

Attachments

• DSC01189.JPG
    DSC01189.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 326
One more pic......

I saw a number of Beemers flying by but couldn't catch one in a snap.

Attachments

• DSC01190.JPG
    DSC01190.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 298
Same place in August

1214138709.jpg

USA at its best!

beartooth has got to be one of the best:). A lot of great paases in the USA and this one ranks somewhere in the top 5, imo. Been there twice; once in 2006, riding my R100/7, going to Vermont National Rally and again last year on the K1200LT, towing our trailer to Wisconsin National Rally:). Beartooth is one HOT pass and should not be missed by anybody riding two wheels. Randy"Polarbear":usa

One more pic from yesterday.

A large number of bikes pulled over on the climb to put on more clothes, the temp. drops 40 degrees in about twenty minutes.

Attachments

• DSC01186.JPG
    DSC01186.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 259
I'm not sure what excites me more; going to the BMKWMOA Rally in Gillette and fishing Wyoming :bliss , or getting to spend three full days in Montana fishing immediately after the Rally. Sort of the long way home....:thumb :bliss

Fishing?

What kind of gear do you carry. I would love to find a compact set, just for bike travel and fishing:) A great way to break up the day, when riding through some amazing fishing country. Randy:eat

What kind of gear do you carry. I would love to find a compact set, just for bike travel and fishing:) A great way to break up the day, when riding through some amazing fishing country. Randy:eat

I have two travel rods, graphite, 7 ft. and 7.5 respectively one for spinner and one for fly, along with a fly reel and two spinners. Both of these are Cabellas and go in a travel case that hangs over on the rack on the sides exactly the width of my rear luggage boxes. My reels are nothing special, but have landed alot of fish! I jam on the top of the load a small wooden net with fish safe netting. I bring my old fly box with every bug that graces the west; it spans 20 yrs or so. I actually broke down last year for a real cool tackle box made of cordura, about 5"X8"so I carry an aresenal of fly's nymphs, spinners.

Water bubbles on a spin cast also works well in the Wyoming wind, and my guess is that rig will get a lot of use with a parachute adams or possibly a black gnat dy flies? whatever hatches!

My first step, for at least an overnight is just south of Red Lodge on Rock Creek. The last time I fished this, it was an easy access with minor wading only perfect for water sandles, and grest fish! from there I don't know, but that's a good start!

I am heading there Sunday after the Rally. I simply cannot wait any longer...

Pic of Rock Creek this past Sunday....

A great place to pitch a tent and fish (though the water is high right now) is about 8 miles up the mountain, look for the right turn at the rock creek sign.

Happy fishing!

Mike

Attachments

• DSC01181.JPG
    DSC01181.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 186
Mike
We are traveling from Central Alberta Canada, the end of July to ride the bears tooth.
Looking forward to do it too.

Charlie

BIG Fish pics needed;

I'm going shopping for gear for my fishing too:). We will require big fish pics from anybody catching whoppers! Any fish will do. I'd love to see some, with the Beemer in the background:). Anybody have a clue what states charge for fishing permits. There must be a guidebook with all the states listed? OR, do we just cheat? I'd be the one caught:(. Randy "Polarbear"

Okay one more snow pick.....shot on Sunday June 22.

This was one of the smaller snow drifts, I'm 6'1"......so you can get a reading on the depth.
I scooped up some snow for my ice tea, pulled my aerostich back on and sped north.

Attachments

• DSC01182.JPG
    DSC01182.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 96
Back