• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

PIAA light brackets

evansdjango

Recently bought PIAA 1100's,but having trouble finding brackets to buy for my R 1150RT

Any help in locating some? Any help on sources and installation gratefully accepted . Thanks

Last edited:
PIAA mounting on R1150RT

I just mounted my PIAA lights on my 04 R1150RT this past weekend. I used Easy Mount Bracket http://www.ezymount.com/kits/ezymount_r1150rt.htm . Worked like a charm. Took about 2-hours (including the removing and replacing of the tupperware). I beleive that I bought the kit from CycleGadget.com. I also wired in an AutoSwitch so I can turn the PIAA's on and off with the turn signal cancel switch. Makes for a clean install and prevents leaving the lights on when I get off the bike.

Last edited:
I have a set of the PIAA 1100X with the Ezymount for an 05 R1200RT. A few comments - the lamps vibrate, a lot! The bracket is made out of a weak metal, and no reinforcement at the bend, hence the vibration. One of the brackets broke going over a railroad crossing. Cyclegadgets are warrantying the brackets so I'll get them replaced, then take them to a local fabricator and have something stronger made including a cross member to increase the rigidity. The do say you should only use them on ESA equipped bike now, they didn't when I got them. In the meantime, I have moved them down to the fork using the fender bolt on the side of the fork.

Sorry for the crappy camera phone images, but you'll get the idea...

318388519_MDyMA-S.jpg

318388567_sdCrM-S.jpg

318388604_Nm2sp-S.jpg

Last edited:
I know it is not for everyone; however, I used a simple piece of 1/4" aluminum bar stock bent it to the shape I wanted and clamped it to the slider. Rock solid and looks pretty good. I might have $10 in both side together. Just a thought.....:thumb

Attachments

• PIAA LIGHT MOUNTS.jpg
    PIAA LIGHT MOUNTS.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 384
I used PIAA's bracket for the 510's on a GS. Very easy to install but I am not sure if they make a set for the RT. I got them at Cycle Gadgets. Pretty good customer service.

Good luck.

Recently bought PIAA 1100's,but having trouble finding brackets to buy for my R 1150RT

Any help in locating some? Any help on sources and installation gratefully accepted . Thanks

:lurk Hey Clark,
How 'bout a detailed pic or two? Sounds like a good mount...

Eric

I will try and get a couple posted today. Did I mention the aluminum bar stock fog light mounts I made for under the jugs? I will get a pic of that situation also...:thumb

I am attempting to upload pics; however, when I click on "upload" nothing happens...what gives?????????:scratch

Here you go..........

Attachments

• 1 004.jpg
    1 004.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 353
Back