• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Zumo 550 Weather ???

westhautianplen

I currently am using the XM radio on my Zumo, but am wondering about how useful the weather feature of the Zumo 550 is. I would appreciate any guidance.

I looked at the XM weather programing on their website. I think it is $100 a month!.

I could never justify it for regular use, but If I wear going on a long multi week trip I would consider it.

Try checking out zumoforums.com. I believe that you will be able to find out more about the Zumo there. BTW basic traffic and weather for the Zumo is only $3.99 per month.

I bought the weather/traffic optionÔÇörather subscribed to it. It's a few bucks a month.

I don't live in a populated area where the traffic reports apply, but I think the weather is worth is.

It will tell you the local detailed forecast.

It will give you a U.S. weather map and you can see the forecast anywhere you're headed.

Once, coming out of Kansas, a flash-flood warning popped up on the screen! Fortunately it was behind us, but I was pretty impressed at that info.

Another pop-up is a traffic delay, letting you know to expect an upcoming incident and how many minutes delay to anticipate.

Pretty cool. Why don't you try it? You can cancel anytime.

I think the traffic programing has a little weather info to it. I still think the true XM weather package, you know, like doppler radar maps and such, is fairly expensive. I think that programing is mostly made for pilots, but there is a ground and marine version as well. If I drove (like a truck driver) for a living I think it would be a very useful tool.

XM WX weather programing PDF

http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/existing/weather/grd_subscription_pkg.pdf

Zumo Traffic Weather

I was hoping someone had had some experience with the traffic -- weather. I actually thought is it was more expensive than the 3.99 per month after my conversation with the XM representative when I added the Zumo to my plan, but she was hard to understand.

Thanks for the input. Looks like I am going to subscribe.

My wife and I are Heading out West in a couple of weeks and I thought it might be of some help.

Thanks again for the help!

Photo Link

Thanks for the photo link. I enjoyed the shots.

I bought the weather/traffic optionÔÇörather subscribed to it. It's a few bucks a month.

I don't live in a populated area where the traffic reports apply, but I think the weather is worth is.

It will tell you the local detailed forecast.

It will give you a U.S. weather map and you can see the forecast anywhere you're headed.

Once, coming out of Kansas, a flash-flood warning popped up on the screen! Fortunately it was behind us, but I was pretty impressed at that info.

Another pop-up is a traffic delay, letting you know to expect an upcoming incident and how many minutes delay to anticipate.

Pretty cool. Why don't you try it? You can cancel anytime.

Thanks, kioolt
I think Traffic and basic weather is all the Zumo 550 supports at this time.
I called XM to get it set up; however they are calling me back. The call taker said they were having technical difficulties. That phase reminded me of the TV stations in my youth.

Thanks for the Help!

$3.99 per month is only for traffic and basic weather. To find out more goto http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/index.xmc

It is my understanding that basic weather gets you weather forcasts and weather alerts.

I considered getting the weather; however with the associated costs I just continue to use my blackberry for weather. As long as I have cell coverage I can get any weather info I want from the internet.

Back